Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
tope1983

AI Behaviour of Driving

I tried to learn some basic coding and modding and used the BTTF:HV mod.

Managed to install different cars, changed starting time to noon etc....

I also installed the VC:traffic mod, which let me increase the vehicle and ped spawn range, so that cars wont disappear behind your back when you look around and do not POP-IN, when driving at high speed.

Suddenly I recognized something weird. There are some AI drivers, which are turning around corners realistically (I mean the speed) and where it seems that the physics of the car are used. The front wheels are also turned when the AI is turning the steering wheel plus, when braking, the rear lights are flashing red.

BUT there exist several (more frequent) drivers, which are turning around corners very unrealistically, the car just magically swips around, there is no physic-model used and the front wheels are fixed. They also do not really brake as there never flashes any rear light red. You can actually see that they are following a path.

It differs from time to time but it is not depending on a specific vehicle. Once I met a taxi, which drove realistically, once a Rolls Royce, once a Chevrolet Blazer. Maybe it is coded to some kind of pedestrian?

I would like to have all cars driving authentically around corners.

Please, maybe someone can help me!

The realistic turning only occurs if the ped is on a rush or frightened and trying to get away from someone or something, in other words driving as fast as he/she can, or if he/she was in a slow speed before turning while driving normally.

I believe the only way to make the realistic turning possible in normal/slow ped driving is to make the ped drive VERY slow before turning, which I'm not sure of if possible or not via code.

i thought of that too but when i followed those realistically acting drivers they stopped at red lights or when i blocked the road. Their speed was not higher than the one of the other drivers.

i noticed that you can recognize realistically acting drivers by the braking lights (at traffic jams or junctions). but i do not get the point, what defines them or where this is coded.

actually i found out that you can provoke real driving AI when you block the street with a car, get out and wait for some time. after a few seconds some drivers will get impatient and drive around the barrier. from that on this particular driver acts realistically. would be nice, if i can code that EVERY driver acts that way.

any suggestions?

inside which exe? the game exe? gta-vc.exe?

So is that possible to change or edit?

Edited by tope1983

inside which exe? the game exe?

whatcha mean "which" exe theres only one in there lolz

okay.. so i should rather forget my intentions to make the AI drive realistically....

hm... maybe i'll go on to do some modelling... the 1985 McFly home is my personal interest...

but thanks for the "help" anyway!!

Sign in to follow this