Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

For Windows 7 Users

Who does here use Windows 7 Home Premium / Professional / Ultimate Edition 32-bit?

A friend of mine bought a Win 7 Home Basic, like me, but unfortunately unlike in my case he doesn't like the non-transparent Windows Aero, so he tried using WindowBlinds to change themes, only to have used the same license key as I do, reducing both copies to 30-day trial versions lol.

I tried every single trick in the book (registry-editing, hex-editing, etc.) and what I've only got so far is a blue non-transparent Aero, which he doesn't like either (in my case, I kept it, since blue is my favorite after all :D)

No comments like "you should've bought Home Premium instead" or "you just wasted your money on sh*t" or the like. I like the non-transparent Aero (and its lacking of the features the other more superior editions have). I'm doing this for him as a favor.

(About what I've said about Home Basic having Aero glass, I take that back; the people at YouTube who claimed they have Win 7 Home Basic with transparent Aero and showed in their vids weren't really using Home Basic)

:lol: There was only one question in that entire post, and it was in the first sentence.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bt.

I use professional 32 bit and I just have a pure black task bar

captureyj.png

Is this topic about how to make it transparent or just explaining yours/his situation?

lol forgot to include that I'll need only the 32-bit version.

And this topic is how to make it transparent. I'm thinking of taking the transparent version of Windows Aero, and knowing what part of the theme should I change to make it transparent. OR, if possible, use the theme itself on Home Basic.

So I'll be needing the entire folder of the theme (found in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes). For best results, I'll need the Ultimate Home Edition Aero.

Now I'm thinking I should do this for all PC users who wants both the cheapest less-feature-full edition of Windows 7 and the transparent Aero. I'll be making a web page once I find out a way.

Slightly off-topic: For those who wants Vista/Win7 Aero transparency on Mozilla Firefox, search for Ambroos' All Glass Firefox Mod. It works as an FF extension, so you don't have to replace or back-up any file and you can simply disable or uninstall it via the Extensions window. Been using it since, and probably one of the two reasons (the other being VistaGlazz) why I got used to transparent windows lol.

So I'll be needing the entire folder of the theme (found in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes). For best results, I'll need the Ultimate Edition Aero.

Here's my folder.

-NVM-

Uh, lemme correct that: "For best results, I'll need the Home Edition Aero."

Home Edition doesn't have the features the other versions of Aero has. Having the least-featured transparent Aero is best for achieving the transparency at Home Basic.

have you tried going to the colour settings untick enable transparency and put the colour intensity all the way up and for black set the brightness to full dark?

This is how it would look like:

windows7black.png

Note: The windows are just as black as the start menu when active.

If you want the Grim Reaper look on Aero, I suggest using WindowBlinds 7. The thing can allow you to add texture effects to Windows 7's Aero, like this one:

texturedaero.png

Speaking of which, can anyone here be kind enough to lend me a free (legit) copy of WindowBlinds 7, because the thing will expire in 30 days? :P

Sign in to follow this