Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
EarthwormJim

Help with Vista Compatibility

so my computers working now, all installed and Shiat.

so im thinking this thread is mostly directed at angelo seeing as hes the most competent vista user here i would think.

i doenloaded daemontools and tried to install it, vista told me that it was incompatible and wouldnt work, wouldnt even let me install. is there an update i can get for vista (i havnt updated anything yet seeing as my internet isnt yet set up out in my flat) that makes it NEVER do this with any program. or is there another program i can get that does the same thing as daemontools but will work with vista

im gonna use this thread as a place to ask for help with s*** that f***s up with vista, k?

I'm not really a competent Vista user. Vista is just one of many I use (the others include Windows 2000/XP/7 beta, Mac OS X 10.3/10.5/10.6 preview (once), Linux/Ubuntu, Solaris, BSD). At the moment, I'm no longer using Vista.

I used DAEMON Tools once in my Vista. I was able to installed it, can't remember how I really did it but I remember putting the installers in Windows XP compatibility mode right before installation and running the installer with administrator privileges (Vista doesn't allow installations without them) whenever they hesitate in installing the software. I did it to about 5+ installers I believe, and it works. Which version are you trying to use exactly?

Also try H+H Software's Virtual CD and PowerISO. I currently use both on my Vista and Windows 7 beta.

Windows 20000? :P

I know, was just a joke :P

I have to admit that I like poweriso the most, it handles all image file types. (IMG, ISO, UIF, DAA, DMG, etc...)

well i HAD my computer working but now the vid card is refusing to give a signal to the monitor, apparently my power supply isnt good enough for it.

F***

anyway before that happened i tried installing daemontools and vista blocked it saying it was incompatible and wouldnt even let me try to install it, yes im administrator me being the only user on the pc, and it being MY computer

didn't you already say that the power supply wasn't good enough when you were first having problems with it? I would have thought that you changed it out by now.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

I have to admit that I like poweriso the most, it handles all image file types. (IMG, ISO, UIF, DAA, DMG, etc...)

Not all image file types. And PowerISO doesn't support/handle the IMG file type.

I'd still recommend BOTH Virtual CD and PowerISO. Using both, you can use ALL image file types.

didn't you already say that the power supply wasn't good enough when you were first having problems with it? I would have thought that you changed it out by now.

A power supply is much expensive than a graphics card, but who would want to ditch a good graphics card for something weaker just to see something in his/her monitor?

Not all image file types. And PowerISO doesn't support/handle the IMG file type.

Oh yes it does...

1jaccyg5ngrfnmwhjm9s.png

That's from the configuration section.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

I was actually referring to the other type of IMG. PowerISO does support IMG, but not the IMG file type I use. :P (I'm not still sure why there are two different IMG files)

PowerISO doesn't really support all ROMs.

Actually, NO virtual drive software can support all ROMs.

I used to have MagicISO once, but I later replaced it with PowerISO and H+H Virtual CD.

H+H Virtual CD is more user-friendly and helps create a virtual CD / ROM faster and easier, additionally you can have a sort of "Virtual burner drive" that allows you to create a ROM of another ROM (of any virtual drive software; lol an alternate way to convert ROMs) or a CD/DVD. Other CD burner/writer software can also use this virtual burner drive to create ROMs, though as if you're writing/burning a real CD. Also, unlike most virtual drive software, you can load ROMs in non-virtual CD drives. My PowerISO is for using ROMs not supported by H+H Virtual CD, like DAA.

IMG? Will like opening it with GTAIII Img tool and exporting everything help? I don't know, Finder opens everything I know for me.

Sign in to follow this