Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Edfake

Edfakes Title Changer

it works on all windowed programs. just some have a constant refresh rate.

It doesn't work on all windowed programs. It doesn't work on some Vista/XP/Win7 windows, where the message shown in the program doesn't change from "select a window then press control to change the title" to "type a new title" after pressing CTRL in one of those windows (the message changing should confirm that the title has been indeed successfully changed).

I'm currently updating my "title-changing virus". With the help of the DirectX SDK as well as some SDKs out there, the virus should work fine in Vista and Win7. The crashes have now been minimized and it finally works on the address bars of the Windows Explorer of the OS (which shows simpler addresses like LIBRARIES > DOCUMENTS instead of J:\USERS\ANGELO\DOCUMENTS) -- since Windows Explorer windows don't show a title, the virus now works on altering what the address bar shows.

hhmmm....Maybe I should start learning c++...sounds dangerously cool...

hhmmm....Maybe I should start learning c++...sounds dangerously cool...

It doesn't matter what age you are (you're 12 right?). It's how much you know about programming, and how you learn the language. It took me a year to learn C++ back when I was 5th grade (which is when I was still around 10-11 years old). A friend of mine helped me make decent mods for an early version of Half-Life. I can still remember how HL, TFC and CS looked that time.

Off topic: In addition to the virus thing, I'm also working on another C++ program that allows your PS2 unit to have its own "sleep mode" -- whenever you turn off the unit (with the button in the front) and turn it back on you'll be back in the part of the game where you've left. I just tested it with my copy of God of War and it works like a charm. It's nice how it continued in the part where Kratos slashes with Artemis' blade. It was really able to record the status of the game before the PS2 shut down, which is sweet. The program is installed in a CD which works like a Boot CD -- insert it first then the game desired. So it works sorta like a virus too which hacks through the PS2's software. The program is deactivated when the DVD is ejected or if the PS2 is turned off in the back. I'm planning to make and install more programs to the CD. I'm currently working on a program that would (hopefully) overclock the CPU and GPU of the PS2, improving performance without screwing up the unit. :D

Sign in to follow this