daangelo29

Shadow of Destiny

Chapter One: The Beginning of the End  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Ben should do?

• Follow Herald's advice and return back home
    • Grab another bottle then return back home
    • Stay where he is and rest in the bar

I'm going to restart this thread. I just realized I've done something wrong that will ruin the entire plot.

Shadow of Destiny is a simple-to-play logic-driven situation-based Q&A time travel game based on the original PS2/PC game of the same name. Just vote for the answer in the poll above. Whichever has the highest vote will be the chosen answer. Note that your answer will determine the kind of situation Ben, the protagonist, will face next afterwards, and eventually the type of ending you'll get in this game. (I've planned about 4+ endings for this game).

Take your time in reading these posts. Some or most of the information shown in the story will be vital in the rest of the game.

Commenting, like telling the answer you've voted and the reason why you chose that answer, or perhaps debating with other members about the right answer, would be best in this thread.

CHAPTER ONE: THE BEGINNING OF THE END

Part One

Friday

March 23, 2007

8:12 PM

Benjamin Kusch, a 17-year old orphan who's now in his 4th year in high school, goes to his favorite bar, Walter's Place. Upon entering the bar, he meets up with his bartender friend Herald Mendez.

Herald: Well, what brings you here, Ben?

Ben: I'll take 3 bottles, Herald.

Herald: Again? What brand?

Ben: You know what I want, Herald.

Herald: Ok, coming right up. *Brings out three bottles of Ben's favorite brand of alcohol*

Herald: So again, what brings you here?

Ben: Oh, nothing special. Just the usual.

Herald: Really? It's Friday. It's not like you to go here on Fridays.

Herald receives a text message from Dr. Lily Garter in his mobile phone. Herald checks the message.

Herald: I see. I think I know what's your problem.

Ben: That's Dr. Garter, right?

Herald: Yes, and she just told me everything. Sorry about what happened, dude.

Ben: That's OK. Besides it's cancer. Even how much I tried to take care of my father, there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Herald: Well at least you did your best. For a foster father, he treated you well and you treated him well. You both established a good father-and-son relationship, and that's a good thing you both did. Also, Dr. Garter is expecting to see you back in your home. She's been waiting for you there for 2 hours now.

Ben: Nah, I'll stay here. It's not that I'm scared of the lady. I just want to get rid of this s*** from my head first.

10:32 PM

2 hours later

Herald falls asleep after drinking 3 bottles of alcohol. Few seconds later, Herald attempts to stop him from deeply falling asleep.

Herald: Ben. Wake up. Don't fall asleep now. It's 10:30 PM. You should really be going.

Ben: *Wakes up* You meant 10:32 PM. I know your watch is always 2 minutes late.

Herald: I know, but you've got to go. Dr. Garter just called me and asked my where you are, and I've just told her that I don't know. I'm sorry dude, but you've really got to go, otherwise she'll call cops to find you. It would be best to just go back home than have cops track you down.

Ben (while drunk): F*** the cops! I'm going to stay here. I'm a big embarrassment to everyone out there. I'm at risk of not being able to graduate, my classmates hate me and I've just let my uncle die while I sit there like an a****** in the hospital. My life sucks. I'm not gonna show my damn face again.

Herald: Ben. Listen. I know your classmates' been giving you a hard time, but this is for your own good. Dr. Lily Garter is a psychologist, and if you've forgotten she's also the one who took care of you while you were still in the orphanage. I'm pretty sure she'll still understand you.

What do you think Ben should do?

A. Follow Herald's advice and return back home

B. Grab another bottle then return back home

C. Stay where he is and rest in the bar

Chosen answer: A (Follow Herald's advice and return back home)

For those who have played Shadow of Destiny / Shadow of Memories in the PS2 or PC, and possibly finished all 7 endings of the game, your knowledge of the original game will be useful in this game. This "sequel game" I made is in a way linked to the original game. This game, if it did make it to specific situations that are directly connected to the original game, may also explain one interesting phenomenon in one of the endings of the original game.

In this case, this may also serve as a sort of spoiler for those who haven't played the game or haven't unlocked specific endings of the original game.

I'll leave this thread for you guys to vote until I get at least 7 voters for the question(s). And for those who would ask what is this for, this is for me to get used to making multiple endings for my planned and/or ongoing game projects, and also to test you guys with your knowledge concerning time travel, paradoxes, butterfly effects and ripple effects. :P

Have you seen the movie: The butterfly effect? It's a great movie.

Have you seen the movie: The butterfly effect? It's a great movie.

Yes, and it's based from and named after the butterfly effect. The reason why movies, according to physicists, are too unrealistic is because of the absence of the butterfly effect in those movies.

For instance, just being present in the past can: change in weather, make a hurricane stronger or change its course in the future, change the atmospheric temperature in the future, cause a car accident, cause an epidermic, increase the number of deaths in the future, cause a tsunami, cause a person to become an unstoppable serial murderer, make this person fall in love to this person, cause another economic depression, cause more pollution, cause a tornado to form in the future, make a person insane, etc..

Since movies can't be that thrilling or will be too confusing this way, they had to get rid or minimize the butterfly effects of time travel. I mean if you're talking about both BTTF and butterfly effects, Marty never had a chance at all to save his own and his siblings' existences.

Yeah. Like in the butterfly effect. When those kids threw a bom in that mailbox. First they did nothing so the mother and baby died. Then the gifted one starts running at that mailbox and it explodes. Then he wakes up in the present and the ''crazy'' one blues that girl and he doesn't have any arms. And he keeps trying to prevend that girl from dieng so eventually he had to make sure she didn't stay with her father.

Sign in to follow this