:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

GTA SA, mods, and Windows 10

Has anyone here managed to get GTA SA working under windows 10 with mods in the game?

The game works fine on its own. But the moment I add any mods to it, it crashes before it even gets to the menu. 

In frustration I have just installed windows 7 again as a dual boot option in order to get SA to work. And to be able to update and test the BTTF HV SA mod. 

So, does anyone know of a fix, other that using an older operating system?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Here's where I come in: :P

I've tried to do the exact same thing. I've isolated my problem, but it may not be the same as yours.

My problem lies within date.cs in my BTTF mod. With date.cs in the CLEO folder, my SA experiences an extreme lag. However, if date.cs is removed from the CLEO folder, there is no lag. If date.cs is split up in any fashion, the game crashes. I've made 2 GTA Forums topics about this and none have provided me with an alternative (except dual booting Windows 7).

Here are the GTAForums topics I made, just for reference, although they will probably be of no help.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/815905-sa-windows-1081-lag/

http://gtaforums.com/topic/822152-sa-windows-10-cleo-script-lag/

Its weird that my NFS MW mod works just fine with the same types of opcodes in the init script (audiostream). I just run the exe in Win 7 Compatibility mode.

I have not tried the newest CLEO 4, since I've read that it has bugs and has been neglected over the past 6 months.

Sorry about this inconclusive response. I thought it would be informative to post my findings so far.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately for me, the game crashes before it even gets to the main menu.  I installed Windows 7 this evening as a dual boot, and it is running fine.  I have BTTF HV up and running on SA.  Now to add the new models and release an update!

It's the limit adjuster we're using that's causing the crash. It probably needs adjustments for Windows 10. Here's what worked for me:

1. Delete the broken limit adjuster. It's these files in the GTA:SA folder:
    • d3d9.dll
    • salimits.ini
    • saloader.ini
    • saweapons.txt
  2. Download fastman92's limit adjuster and extract the contents of the 32-bit folder into the game's folder:
    http://gtaforums.com/topic/733982-fastman92-limit-adjuster/
  3. Open fastman92limitAdjuster_GTASA.ini and add the following line into the dynamic limits section:
    ColModels = 18000

If you now start the game it shouldn't crash halfway through the loading bar.

If it still does, check the GTA:SA folder for a file fastman92limitAdjuster.log. If it's not there, try these:

Edited by Mini-Me

It's the limit adjuster we're using that's causing the crash. It probably needs adjustments for Windows 10. Here's what worked for me:

1. Delete the broken limit adjuster. It's these files in the GTA:SA folder:
    • d3d9.dll
    • salimits.ini
    • saloader.ini
    • saweapons.txt
  2. Download fastman92's limit adjuster and extract the contents of the 32-bit folder into the game's folder:
    http://gtaforums.com/topic/733982-fastman92-limit-adjuster/
  3. Open fastman92limitAdjuster_GTASA.ini and add the following line into the dynamic limits section:
    ColModels = 18000

That should be it. The game should now start without crashing on the loading bar.

Thank you so much! That actually helped me out with every single problem I was having. Seriously.

I still had issues with the game crashing on the loading bar, Mini-Me found the fix for me in that the new limit adjuster also requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable to be installed. 

BTTF HV on GTA SA now works perfectly on Windows 10.

Thanks Mini-Me :notworthy:

I have a .rar file that usually fixes it for me. It's a bunch of files and I don't know exactly what fixes it. But hey, I can send it to you if you'd like.

19 hours ago, andrewixl said:

Got this error please help, Windows 10, Gets stuck on loading bar when starting new game

fastman92limitAdjuster.log

It finished the loading bar now but freezes at the Francis Intl. Airport Scene...

though with error for the AMERICAN.GXT file

if someone could look at the files and tell me if something is wrong that  would be godly.

fastman92limitAdjuster.log

Edited by andrewixl