:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
OUTATIME

How Time Travel(In BTTF) works

How does it work?

bttf-88mph-01.jpg 80 MPH. Flux dispersal coils emit blue light as the car begins to phase-shift from standard space-time. bttf-88mph-02.jpg 81 MPH. Spent plasma begins to vent from rear dispersal coils. Phase shift continues although vehicle still exists in standard space-time.

bttf-88mph-03.jpg 82 MPH. Phase induction array mounted on top of time machine aligns the phase shift with photonic energy. Dispersal coils are irradiated and bright blue. bttf-88mph-04.jpg 83 MPH. Spatial interference energy begins to form as a result of focused photonic energy and the pending phase shift through space-time. Photons begin to encircle vehicle.

bttf-88mph-05.jpg 84 MPH. Spent plasma begins to vent from front dispersal coils (around tire area). Plasma emitting this low near the tires will allow the vehicle to pass through a temporal rift without damaging the tires. bttf-88mph-08.jpg 85 MPH. Wide shot of time vehicle as it approaches phase shift. Notice the localized blue glow as space-time distortion commences.

bttf-88mph-09.jpg 86 MPH. Phase induction array targets the singularity forming ahead of vehicle. Spatial interference energy is leveraged to produce positive surface pressure and negative mass as vehicle approaches 88 MPH. bttf-88mph-06.jpg 87 MPH. Throat of the singularity forms and is threaded with spatial interference energy (from the phase induction array) to create a spherical entry shield. Time circuits go on-line to calculate when to exit the singularity in order to arrive at the desired moment of space-time.

bttf-88mph-07.jpg 88 MPH. Energy-momentum content of matter (vehicle and passenger) now matches required space-time geometry to complete entry into singularity. Flux array, which encloses the vehicle, allows it to avoid being repelled by the singularity. bttf-88mph-10.jpg 88 MPH. Flux capacitor engages based on time circuit calculations. Flux dispersal allows vehicle to penetrate singularity (which now exhibits characteristics of a white hole).

bttf-88mph-11.jpg 88 MPH. Matter in the current space-time continuum is reduced as a result of the vehicle's exit. A volatile energy disturbance begins to form. bttf-88mph-12.jpg 88 MPH. The rear of the time vehicle is equipped with vacuum flumes which are tripped by the energy disturbance. 40,000 RPM mini turbines draw the disturbance into the rear of the vehicle.

bttf-88mph-13.jpg 88 MPH. Disturbance collapses as a result of being draw into the singularity by the time vehicle's rear vacuum flumes. Plasma begins to spill out in the form of a fire trail. bttf-88mph-14.jpg Collapse is nearly complete as space-time continuum adjusts for the reduction of matter in the universe.

bttf-88mph-15.jpg Spent plasma (which allowed the vehicle to enter singularity unharmed) continues to burn. bttf-88mph-16.jpg While burning plasma may appear dangerous as it burns, it is cool to the touch as a result of its physical properties. It will also burn at nearly 0 degrees Kelvin.

bttf-88mph-17.jpg As plasma produces an 88 MPH fire trail, the spectators to the Einstein-Rosen bridge event are unharmed by it. bttf-88mph-18.jpg Temporal phase shift complete. There is now less matter in the universe than before.

This is a representation of both halves of an unstable singularity and the flux capacitor induced meeting between them. The arrows represent the directions matter (the time vehicle and passenger) can travel through each respective hole.

bttf-88mph-reentry01.jpg Re-entry. Faint image of vehicle appears as it approaches the current moment of space-time. bttf-88mph-reentry02.jpg Interconnecting Einstein-Rosen bridge allows vehicle to exit the singularity unharmed (as opposed to exiting into a black hole which would crush the vehicle).

bttf-88mph-reentry03.jpg Vehicle enters current space-time by forcing matter (air in this instance) aside at speeds exceeding 800 MPH. First sonic boom occurs. bttf-88mph-reentry04.jpg Vehicle returns to current phase shift and begins to re-appear. The universe adjusts for return of matter. Second sonic boom occurs.

bttf-88mph-reentry05.jpg Remaining disturbance energy (which vehicle dragged behind it when first leaving space-time) is dispersed. Third and final sonic boom occurs. bttf-88mph-reentry06.jpg Balance of matter in the universe will return to normal shortly. There is a lag discrepency as space-time recovers from the shift. The shorter the trip, the shorter the lag.

FOUND THIS ON A WEBSITE. HERES THE LINK: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...ficial%26sa%3DN

Edited by OUTATIME

I've seen this before (in fact many of us here did), but I've just realized that the lag between each sonic boom depends on how long or short the trip is. Since Einstein was just send 60 seconds to the future, the lag between each sonic boom is short.

But we're not sure if that's anyway canonical or true to the movies. It does sort of cause conflict with the concept of time travel of the movies, like how the DeLorean time traveled during the 1955 Clocktower lightning strike scene. If this concept was implemented, according to my understanding, they'll still be a sort of lag before time travel when the lightning has finally reached the flux capacitor, but in the movie it all occurred almost instantly when it hit the DeLorean. But I can be wrong.

Maybe it's because when the flux capacitor is deriving power from the plutonium chamber it takes some time, since the chamber has to process the plutonium. As where during the clock-tower time travel the 1.21 Gigawatts (not Jigowatts as punned by the technical adviser of the movie) was directly fed into the flux capacitor.

That makes so much sence. Doc did say the lighting will be directly transfered into the "FLUC CAPACITOR!"

Enjoy...

cool22386gc6.jpg

made it myself...

Maybe it's because when the flux capacitor is deriving power from the plutonium chamber it takes some time, since the chamber has to process the plutonium. As where during the clock-tower time travel the 1.21 gigawatts was directly fed into the Flux Capacitor.

True, but lightning itself still needs processing, or rather converting, 'ya know. The blue stuff the DeLorean emits in its front and passes through to time travel is no ordinary body of electricity but more like a converted energy (photonic energy) that, when dense enough, can create a temporal rift. You'd be wondering why it's "blue" stuff, and why the wormhole the DeLorean emitted in BTTF3 was red (the damaged Flux Capacitor and the rest of the machine's circuitry made it red).

And, yes, after seeing Back to the Future Part 1 again, I did see a lag. Just a bit, but I think it was enough time for the Flux Capacitor to convert the lightning (which is actually 1+ terawatts or 1000+ gigawatts of electricity, 1000x more than what the DeLorean needed) to photonic energy. Time travel was indeed ALMOST instant as the lightning strikes the DeLorean.

True, but I wasn't talk about how the Flux Capacitor uses the lightning's power to time travel. I was talking about how the time machine itself does all OUTATIME said about how time travel works.

I know lightning can flow fast enough through the Flux Capacitor and the coils, but how about the other phases of time travel? I believe there should be at least a bit of lag between the lightning flowing through the Flux Capacitor and time travel. Lightning itself still needs processing, 'ya know. The blue stuff the DeLorean emits and passes through to time travel is no ordinary body of electricity but more like a converted energy that, when dense enough, can create a temporal rift.

The problem is that we (humans I mean) are stuck with perceiving time the way we do. So it may have taken some amount of time, but human beings experience time so slowly that it seems instantaneous. Take light speed for instance, the speed of light seems instantaneous to the naked eye, but everyone here knows that it does travel at a certain speed and does take some time to reach it's final destination.

The problem is that we (humans I mean) are stuck with perceiving time the way we do. So it may have taken some amount of time, but human beings experience time so slowly that it seems instantaneous. Take light speed for instance, the speed of light seems instantaneous to the naked eye, but everyone here knows that it does travel at a certain speed and does take some time to reach it's final destination.

If you're talking about the lightning strike, it's pretty obvious -- how the lightning pass through the cable and through the DeLorean in the movie doesn't look instantaneous. If it was, we would see a flash of light instead of a huge amount of electricity flowing in a fast speed.

Speed of light is indeed SEEMINGLY instantaneous, but that doesn't mean most people are dumb enough to think that the speed of light is instantaneous. Instantaneous travel refer to as "teleportation" and simply trying to move from 0-20 MPH speed to the speed of light isn't considered instantaneous travel nor teleportation. :P

It's called dramatic license. Picture the movie with Full real life physics. The DeLorean would of vanished when the lightning flashed, and when it got hit in the air. People would lose the emotional build up. Plus, we wouldn't even of had the 2 minute race down the road. It take 10 seconds...

Sign in to follow this