:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed

Hello everyone,

As some of you may know, I recently upgraded to an Nvidia GTX 550 card and swapped out my power supply for a 400W rather than a 250W.

The main problem I'm having is that every game program immediately exits out after starting or will just show up black when a menu should appear.

I am running on a Windows 7 64-bit computer with an AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor (2.90 GHz) with 4.00 GB of RAM.

Any technical help would be appreciated. :)

EDIT: The only game it has run so far was GTA SA, but that was after letting the computer sit and run for about 20 minutes..

Edited by RobertBlox

you might need more than 400watts, sounds like as soon as the card tries to output more power for gaming it quits.

Nope, that's actually the requirement for the card. :P

I actually figured out what was wrong. All I need to do is reinstall every game I want to use if it doesn't run.

So in other words, it's fine now. :D

Thanks for the help though, Grim!

thats the bare minimum, have you also factored in your other components, as well as the fact that a surplus of watage is better because as a psu ages it produces less power.

• Like 1

thats the bare minimum, have you also factored in your other components, as well as the fact that a surplus of watage is better because as a psu ages it produces less power.

Indeed I have, Grim. ;)

I guess I'll worry about the wattage discharge as the computer ages. I doubt it will have a huge effect though because it's not a cheap PSU. :P

I did get a great deal on it though, $50 with a $30 rebate, therefore making it only $20. lol

EDIT: I actually found out that my dad surprised me and ordered a 430 W PSU instead of the 400 W for the same deal.

So we're all good. ;)

Edited by RobertBlox