:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Bullseye

Who drives what (GTA 3)

Hello everyone,

I have been tinkering about with some of the data files on GTA 3 like pedstats.dat ect.. just wondering what file needs to edited to change who's driving vehicles around or is this dictated in the main.scm file?

Regards.

~John~

Those settings are in the exe you will need to decompile it to change them.

Thanks Leaf :) Do you mean the gta3.exe file? and what sort of editor would I need to use, I've been using notepad ++ which seems to work on most of the files except of course main.scm... however I use sanny builder for that...

~John~

ps. I admit I'm a rank 'noob' with coding lol

Yes that's correct the Gta3.exe, to decomple it you will need my IDA or make your own, which mine is not freeware or for sale, the way you are using notepad++ is like notepad with extended privileges , the way it should be used is to inject ++ code into programs.

Are you saying I would need to learn C++ ?

This is somthing I have been meaning to get into for a while now just not sure where I would learn such things, I know a friend of mine was learning C++ language from 3d Buzz, I saw a couple of these videos he was sent and looked like a good way to learn, it was sort of like a online seminar..

I'm not asking for anyone to give me a tutorial on it, just want to know where I would get educated about C++, I found several video tutorials on google, but not sure which ones I can trust?

Regards.

~John~

Are you saying I would need to learn C++ ?

Not only that but ASM as well as the decompiler will execute it as ASM where you can then change values and trajectories then you will have to compile it back into the EXE and do extensive testing.

I'm not asking for anyone to give me a tutorial on it, just want to know where I would get educated about C++, I found several video tutorials on google, but not sure which ones I can trust?

Any information you can get you're hands on is trustworthy its a matter of understanding, I hope I helped.

Sign in to follow this