Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
ELBdelorean

Community

If you didn't know already, I'm a big television nerd who likes shows with actual good writing and characters (read: not Family Guy). In any case, I advise anyone who can to watch Community tonight at 8/7c on NBC.

Now if you've never heard of Community, you're streets behind. It's only the greatest comedy on TV right now and it's on the verge of cancellation. See, Community doesn't perform so well in the ratings department because of its timeslot. It comes on at the same time as The Big Bang Theory, which is just a typical three-walled sitcom with one-dimensional characters and predictable writing. NBC has decided to bench Community and put it on hiatus until further notice.

Despite this, Community still has a large fan base and dedicated viewers. Plus, if you need proof that this is the most superior comedy that is currently on, just search "Community" on YouTube and watch some videos of it.

tl;dr: Community's a great show and everyone should watch tonight's episode. We need those ratings!

Six seasons and a movie!

Edited by ELBdelorean

Might take a look at it. Finally, a person who doesn't think Family Guy is funny

Edited by TheCoolest2

shows with actual good writing and characters (read: not Family Guy)

Yeah, it has the wittiest writing I've ever seen. I retract this statement.

Now if you've never heard of Community, you're streets behind.

Can't really blame people for that, though. The series' international broadcast ain't exactly "international". My country hasn't caught up with that show yet, and I doubt it would ever have it showed here. Not a single local channel has a "Community" in it. However, I do watch the show, via recordings my cousin shares with us online.

As for "Family Guy", I see nothing wrong with it, however like "The Simpsons", it gets a little lamer every new episode.

Never downloaded from any illegal sites. All I said was they were recordings shared by my own cousin, which I don't think it's illegal, as long as we don't share it with anyone else. Yeah, it's torrent, but it's private, even password-protected.

(I do wish my cousin use another way of (private) sharing, though, 'cause torrents are only useful if you actually have more than one seed or source to download from, and we obviously have just one seed. And yeah, I do feel like "illegitimate" since torrents are commonly known for piracy.)

I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees it, I'm just the only one that has said anything about Family Guy's prolonged jokes. For example, how Stewy kept saying "mom, mommy, momma". Not that it isn't funny, but sometimes it's ridiculous how much time those jokes take out of the show. The wasted time in those jokes could be spent better.

Family Guy was funny, but now that Seth McFarlane has three shows to run, he's spreading himself too thin.

Sign in to follow this