Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

losing a relative is a very hard situation

on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 my mother died at the age of 53. She wasn't ill at all, which is why it was completely unexpected from anyone in my family: my father, my sister, my grandma (my mother's mother!!) and me.

For my grandma the situation was the hardest: my mother was her only child and she survived her. She's now 80 years old and I just can't explain what she said when she realised that my mother's really dead, so I'll quote her:

Why her? Why not me?
I mean, I can understand her. For her, my mother was her only child which she survived, but for me my mother was the most necessary support in my life and, when even unconsciously, she was also the closest friend I had.

I truly miss her and there's no way to replace her position.

I'm sorry for you, and I will pray for you and your family tomorrow at the church.

I asked myself the same question 3 years ago when me grand father past away, I now, it aint me mother. But for me he was more then just me Grandfather. We also discuss this "problem" at school at religion class. And the only answer I came up with, sometimes, things happen in our life that were not planned to happen. That is just how life goes. It has ups and downs, This might sound stupid ore hard. But it helped me to step over me loss and pain. I don't say that I do not miss him anymore, off course I do. But after I accept that this just how it is, it became easier for me to accept it.

I'am still very young, and I also now I still have got a lot to learn about how life works. But this is just what has helped me.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

You know I'm truly surprised and not to mention happy that people aren't afraid to use the word "pray" in this forum.

Im really sorry to hear that you've lost your best friend. I whish you, when the pain goes away, a lotta love lasts. Im sure it will.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Don't take this offensively, but its a life process my friend. It happens to everyone. It's sad that it was just so unexpected :(

I have a little stone in me room, it says: (In Dutch) Van Het Concert Des Levens Heeft Niemand Het Program. Transelated in English: Nobody has a Program of the Convert of his leave (losely translated).

Edited by Knight Bob

My most sincere condolences to you and your family, but. Why is this a sticky topic?

That doesn't quite answer the question, but fine, whatever

When I asked "why", I meant the reasons behind it, not how it was done.

Drifting quite offtopic here, will not post any more in this thread

Edited by RG

Sorry for posting on an older topic, But I just noticed it, I am sorry to hear about your loss, Its one of those things that happen in life that is inevitable, but Is very difficult to deal with. I wish you the best of luck cj, and hope that you can cherish the moments you had with her, and realize that I am sure she would be very proud of you for reaching out to a community you are familiar with.

Sincerely, Brandon

Sign in to follow this