Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

computer bust

hi my computer has gone bust and i have replaced the mobo, psu and the cpu nothing has helped even sed another set of ddr2 memory and that didn't fix it. i know it is bust because monitor does not load and keyboard does not work (tried multiple keyboards and monitors nothing worked). someones helpz.plz?

Hi, maybe your graphics card?

You have components to theoretically set up two PCs, right?

Are you trying to fix it with your old components?

I assume your trying to get the more powerful variation running (if there is one), so you may check compatibility lists. See your mobo's Manual to check how much Watt the psu has to deliver in order to supply not only the mobo but ALL installed cards with enough power. Meaning minimum Watt needed and maximum Watt eh.. capable.

However, as your screen and keyboard also stays dead, i believe mobo or power supply is broken.

edit:

Also check your Mobo's BIOS compatibility list for supported CPU and RAM.

Edited by uokka

Try to disconnect your DVD/CD players and HDD, then try it again, sometimes I have the same thing. And that helps

yes, unplugging everithing not essentially needed to boot up would be a good idea too.

i alread disconnected graphics card and tried inbuilt graphics made no difference. i also disconnect all of my hdds and cd drives that didn't work either. used the psu from my brothers computer which works in my brothers comp but not mine. my am2+ mobo supports am3 (or am3 supports am2+). i could have easily have damaged the mobo whe fitting it.

If you had set some sensitive BIOS options, like clockings for CPU or RAM, you may try removing the CMOS Battery from your Motherboard and reset the BIOS by switching the respective jumper for 10 seconds.

The jumper should be near the battery.

Is your PC doing anything? Beeping? Rotating cooling fans? HDD noise?

Is your PC beeping like crazy when attempting to boot?

If so, check BIOS Beep Error Codes. Its like morse code. Each BIOS (AMI, Pheonix, etc.) has its own code table.

This might tell you the source of the problem (3x long beep = RAM Error; 2x long + 1 short = Something else..).

[...] used the psu from my brothers computer which works in my brothers comp but not mine. [...]
Your brothers PSU might be incompatible with your MoBo.

But if it is compatible, try to power up your brothers PC with your PSU. If it works, your MoBo is probably broken.

Try to disconnect your DVD/CD players and HDD, then try it again, sometimes I have the same thing. And that helps

The same happend to me with a particular PC in the past. Dont know if it was a loose connection or a nearly broken cable. However, try cleaning ALL connections by repeatedly plugging and unplugging them (carefully, of course).

I had a similar issue, was my RAM. I took it out put it back in and worked

Edit: In my first computer class my teacher always said, Is your computer plugged in? :P

Edited by TheCoolest2

Most MOBO have light indicators that tell you what is erroring. It's usually on the bottom left of the board. So you don't have to remember beep codes.

Relating to what Archer said on my Mobo it sends a light to the caps lock, num lock and scroll lock They would light up and beep for different errors, to activate the codes I had to plug on my charger first.

For ex. My error codes are here, maybe your manual (if you still have it, contains the codes if you get any)

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...en/SM/diags.htm

my dad took the computer into the local computer store today and the guy who works there found out it was the motherboard which means i had to replace the memory (my mobo was ddr2 new one is ddr3). good job is we buy computer parts from there alot that he checked it for free.