Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TheCoolest2

Design Programs for Free

Well since I'm on my new pc I went to get 3ds, and on there site, there letting you download any program for free IF, yes there is a catch, if its for educational purposes, basically select what School you're in and stuff, and it gives you the download and it will give the serial number and stuff, :D Just if anyone wants it ;)

Edited by TheCoolest2

Confirming this, it works :D

:D Yah, now to model :D

I think you guys are more likely to get in trouble, with this method, than you would be if you used a torrent. Only because 1 reason.

They have information on where you live, what school you go to, and other stuff. So if you get caught doing illegal things with the programs, they at least have the information of what school you go to. I know this isn't really anything to be afraid of, but I'd still watch out if I were you.

Also, it's for "educational purposes", I think that makes it illegal to release models made with a program that is for "educational purposes".

I think torrents are illegal too

So what they have information? Congratulations! Maybe someone here is learning graphical arts? You don't really know that

Doesn't matter what its used for though, you're learning how to model and design, like i was today ;)

Well of course torrents are illegal, I'm saying it's harder for them to catch you because they have hardly any resources, not only that but torrents give you the program with a registered identity, so when using a torrent you don't come off to them as a student or thief, you come to them as a registered user. Yes there is nothing wrong with learning how to model, but I believe if you were to release something that is supposed to be used for educational purposes, then your doing something illegal. The only purpose they give the program for free to students is so that the student can learn, not release or give out something that was made with their program. Only registered or licensed professionals can, like me. ;)

Just to make things clear too, I pay for my registration, the same way I do with IFT. So just so I'm not seen as a hypocrite, I don't use torrents.

You have a point there, I see what you are saying

Thank you, personally, I don't care what you do with the program. I'm just saying be careful if you release anything.

Good luck on learning to model. Happy modeling. :D

Never hurts to try, I am practicing :D

torrents aren't illegal... its how you use a torrent that makes it illegal

My mistake :P

I got mine 3ds Max copy from on of the cd's from flight simulator 2004.

Sign in to follow this