:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

On the hackforums, we were discussing on making 4 Game Modes

Survival (The Way before Adventure update)

Adventure Mode (Current)

Creative

Hardcore

They added changelog to be seen in the client

NOTCH STOP IT >: (

th_Capture.jpg

Have we forgotten the Zombie Seige mode? It looks like it was removed in the future game modes :( Only Capture the Flag :(

Sorry for double post but anyone else getting Minecraft.net is down? My server is down also.

I always play offline because of my HD textures and skin.

On a side note.

OptiFine [1.0] FTW

MCPatcher 2.2.2 FTL

I wish Notch would actually implement such performance enhancement on the vanilla game. I bet they could do better than OptiFine.

However, I do recall the very recent weekly pre-release of 1.01 having a recognizable performance boosts (in my tests that is). It could be because they probably temporarily removed or "nerfed" something in it or something, but I'm hoping for more in the future updates.

Btw, I'm also using OptiFine, despite having a mid-end gaming laptop. The best of two worlds (optimal performance + HD textures) in freaking one.

And Minecraft Coder Pack just got updated to version 5.0. Can't wait to try it out, and for my favorite mods to get updated. :D

The only downside with OptiFine is the fact that the Dynamic Lights mod creator supports MCPatcher, and did away with the Modloader version because its implamented into the upcoming install of MCPatcher. :(

And Optifine 1.0 isn't compatible with MCPatcher 2.2.2, they just break each other. <_<

Yeah, that problem. Though I have abandoned the dynamic lights mod a long time ago -- as I prefer my torches more as lit only when placed to keep the good old darkness and fear factors of caves, among others -- I do still encounter the problem of incompatibility when I use OptiFine.

As for OptiFine being incompatible with MCPatcher, they were never compatible, But you can however use the latter as an alternative to WinRAR for installing zipped mods, including OptiFine itself, that is as long as you disable the pre-included mod options like the HD texture patch. I currently use MCPatcher for it, as having nagware like an expiring WinRAR trial can be, you know, annoying.

Edit: More good news. In addition to the Minecraft Coder Pack update, I found that Koda is going to release an open source of his awesome clay soldier mod after he updates it for MC 1.0.0. I've got a lot of modifying to do with it to make the mod simpler and vanilla-like, like removing the "snow Pegasus" and "clay disruptor" stuff, while leaving out some features like the clay soldiers' use of natural materials like sticks and cow hide as tools, but it sure is going to be awesome. :D

Yay! The bad news is, I'm not going to play MC for a while because I'm sick of being disappointed with updates, and also the fact that the game is ruining my Real Life again!!! :mellow:

I have s**t to do, but I just wanna spend it looking for pointless crap in MC. <_<

I may just stick with 1.0.0 until the official modding API gets released or there will be an upcoming feature cool enough to convince me to update.

At the moment, I've got mods to cover what I feel the vanilla game is missing, like my own easy-to-make "campfire" mod (which ain't done yet).

Nook my friend was learning to make mods and wanting to make a camp fire mod xD Well goodluck to you :D

Still thinking of ideas how it should work, though. It is at the moment just the fire's old pre-Alpha ability to smelt simple non-ore stuff such as food, the ability to sustain fire by throwing into the fire wooden items, and craft-able fire through a simple recipe with coal. I need to make the mod as simple as possible, and avoid making new items to make it texture pack-friendly.

Cool! Can't wait to see it

Weather Mod updated! :D I hope he adds more weather elements :(. As for stage 6 of the storm, it says hurricane, but how does that act, alot of rain and wind or a severe tornado, hurricanes must involve wind!! >:o It would be cool if the water of the oceans rise a bit and tide comes.

Should the topic receive a cleaning also?

Oh and here is link to the pre release, change log

http://bit.ly/veKIJE

SPOILER:
New Features:

Apples can randomly drop from trees

Apples will only drop from default trees (no pine or birch). You will get apple in 1/200 chance.

Farmland trampling mechanics have been altered

Farmland no longer tramples by walking on it, only jumping will affect it. Animals can no longer trample your crops.

"Void fog" gone at bedrock level in Creative mode

Bugs:

Breaking wheat can "trample" between 2 and 5 adjacent farmland blocks, this is being addressed

Placing a block next to double-doors (wooden) can cause them to force open

Sugar cane can be placed underwater

5VgSz.png

I don't see the server jar though anywhere on the mcforums home

Well, I still got some problems with this idea. Fire can spread, 'ya know, and I've always wanted a campfire that doesn't burn my poor wooden "tent", as well as the surrounding forest.

I'm currently thinking of this: Scratching the no-new-item rule, I'll be making a very simple campfire that will look like smaller versions of wood blocks all piled up into one.

This campfire would function exactly like a furnace, with pretty much the same interface when you right-click it, except it will be a lot easier and faster to pick up, you can only cook food in it, and it is its own fuel as you can't place any other fuel into the fuel slot.

The campfire starts "cooking" by itself when you place it onto the world, and it will continue to cook until the fuel runs out, where the campfire would then be destroyed. You can stop the cooking by mining it. The fuel remaining would become the campfire's duration as an inventory item.

Btw, regarding MCForum's/WedTM's screenshot of the pre-release, can I ask what the hell is the weird-looking pickaxe in his inventory?

The pickaxe is enchanted

I currently use MCPatcher for it, as having nagware like an expiring WinRAR trial can be, you know, annoying.

Instead of complaining about shareware, why not use open-source freeware? 7-Zip works perfectly for me.

But to get back on topic: It's about time that you can get apples from trees... only being able to find them in dungeons is kind of stupid.

Actually the only was was to kill Notch, you're referring to golden apples

They added a minecraft registered number counter, every second it shows someone registered, its on minecraft.net homepage, read where it says number of people registered

Instead of complaining about shareware, why not use open-source freeware? 7-Zip works perfectly for me.

"Complaining" is how I ended up with 7-Zip, MCPatcher and the handy "Universal Extractor". Shouldn't have brought up WinRAR though. I haven't touched that app for like 2 years.

And you know, there's a reason why I called it "nagware" instead of "shareware" -- Despite WinRAR nagging you about its expiration and buying the full version, you can still continue using it for free indefinitely. So it's basically "nag-freeware". LOL. ;)

Sorry Mini, I got a little over excited! :P

I just made this HD 'Moon Phases' texture if anyones interested...

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn70/or...moon_phases.png

Well it was HD before I uploaded it to Photobucket, they used the shrink ray on it :(

I uploaded it to mediafire; http://www.mediafire.com/?gnu1itmz3eisgzc

Thanks for this gonna try it :D

I've since fixed it slightly so the the two moon phases that have unrealistic straight shadow lines over them aren't so unrealistic anymore.

6d2cb0786609d07e7920a9751ec287f2a2073c8905725510a8530905a594fb8e5g.jpg

Moon Phases Mediafire Link

It still could do with a bit of fixing, but you don't really notice it all that often anyway.

Edited by Orgcon

I was downloading your original yesterday, now to download this and test it, didn't get to try it :D

What happened to being able to switch the time in creative when holding F6 or F7

You should know that the time controls were a debug feature, and not really intended for the game. :P

However, there are a couple of mods to help accelerate time.

Oh I didn't know that. On the other hand, Lego Minecraft reached 10,000 supporters within 48 hours, crashing Lego's servers 3 times.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/4038#

Click official Lego Comments

Edited by TheCoolest2

crashing Lego's servers 3 times.

LOL.

Btw, anyone here also waiting for an awesome mod to get updated to 1.0.0? And is halting Minecraft-playing just for them? I'm currently waiting for "Nature Overhaul", "Mod API", and the source for the "Clay Soldiers" mod. I predict I'll only be able to get them next month. A lot of modders don't usually update their mods at around Christmas.

Tornado Mod got updated, as I only use that mod. I use to use Mo's creatures.

Also, for Orcgon's HD moon_phases, you need to delete META-INF for it to work,unless using a texture pack if you replace the file

Edit: New Pre release is now out Week 49

Game Client: http://bit.ly/w3M1V3

Server Client: http://bit.ly/rXuWQm

Changelog:

Sheep eat grass and regain their wool

Farmland is no longer destroyed by items and particles

Added multiple languages

Corrected a setTileEntity multiplayer bug

Corrected a powered rail bug

Corrected a redstone update bug

Edited by TheCoolest2

Btw, anyone here also waiting for an awesome mod to get updated to 1.0.0? And is halting Minecraft-playing just for them?

I only play Minecraft on our server, on which I don't really want mods for that exact reason. I don't want to depend on them being updated to play on the map at all. RG doesn't seem to see my problem there though, he keeps suggesting mods.

Whereas the only mod I will be using once updated is Bukkit with plugins. However it will not be mods that add custom items, blocks or other entities to the game, meaning if Bukkit becomes outdated again I can just revert to the vanilla server without having to dump the map...

Changelog:

[...]

Added multiple languages

Sweet :).

Sign in to follow this