:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

Had a lot of fun thanks!

Pics

r19z6q.png

:D

4h8vuq.png

Bad Enderman! >:o

A (buggy) pre-release of 1.9 has been released, and it has these new Nether features that seem to make little sense. Apart from the new Netherrack bricks and fences, and the Nether ruins, we also have these guys/stuff:

SPOILER:
- Blazes, who can fly and fire fireballs at the player, and have gold rod-like things revolving around them. They seem to only spawn at spawners located at Nether ruins, and drop one of these rods when they die.

- The Nether fire-y or lava-like version of the slimes, which behave exactly like slimes.

- Ghasts, which seem to now spawn fewer than before, now drop their 'tears', or "Ghast tears".

- Zombie pigmen now drop a "gold nugget" after death, nine of which can be crafted into a gold ingot.

- A weird-looking plant in the Nether, called "Nether warts", which grow on soul sand.

With the gold references above, I'm guessing the Nether is now a haven for both hellish stuff and gold. Most Nether items, except the gold nuggets, seem to be useless as of the moment.

In the surface world, in the other hand, we now have water lilies, dark purple/violet swamp water, those weird red mushroom cows, villagers with closed arms and each having a different outfit, and the new pet snowmen or "snow golems".

Buggy? the official 1.8.1 is buggy as hell, I don't think anymore bugs at this point would be noticable...

Here is the 1.9 Link (saves you going on twitter to get it off Jeb)

Server down because of experience orbs :(

Buggy? the official 1.8.1 is buggy as hell, I don't think anymore bugs at this point would be noticable...

Yeah, I may exaggerated the "buggy" part a bit. It was like 3 in the morning when I made that post. And, yeah, I forgot to post the link so sorry about that.

I just saw the MC Wiki and I say they're pretty fast with updating their info. As well as tracking those new features, including those that early pre-B1.9 testers didn't find before like the fungi-infested terrain in the mushroom biomes, the villager's roles (explaining the different clothes bit), and one of the villager's name as "TESTIFICATE". LOL.

And the mooshroom feels like a cheat to me. It has leather, beef/steak, red mushrooms and even mushroom stew if you milk it using a bowl. I dunno. I haven't tried the pre-release myself -- just checking out testers' vids and pics ATM -- so basically I ain't sure if mooshrooms are a type of rare mob that requires luck finding, but still the idea of the mushroom biome is starting to grow on me, especially with the cool new fungi-like grass.

I don't really know what to think about the mushroom biome, mooshrooms and its relatives. Right now it souds like Notch/Jeb's biggest brainfart so far.

@TheCoolest2:

Yeah, I took precautions to prevent that from happening anytime soon again by simply removing all our orbs from our player files.

[EDIT] Oh, and to fix the map this came in handy: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/620202...xp-orb-remover/

I tried to use PC's PC to run the map on a more powerful machine so that the game just removes them itself, but that didn't work out right. So I googled, found that, used it and was happy :).[/EDIT]

I made some progress on the wall supposed to protect our small village:

th_2011-09-23_103458.png

Sadly I again ran out of stone bricks, though I got some donored by iProton...

Edited by Mini-Me

Cool I'll join after school and HW

I found a bug going up my mine in single player, when jumping your expierence bar rises.It might be just jumping and going up(Beta 1.9 pre-release) Anyone else have this and is the server updated for 1.9??

I don't really know what to think about the mushroom biome, mooshrooms and its relatives. Right now it souds like Notch/Jeb's biggest brainfart so far.

Well, yeah, I agree. Though I did admit the biome is now growing on me (mainly because of the fungi terrain), I still have those mooshrooms as my problem. I'm wishing for a future mod that keeps mushroom biomes from ever generating. That is, not really for pure hate of it but for those who want the good old and more natural MC worlds.

While I now feel that the mushroom biome looks better with this kind of terrain, I prefer obtaining the huge mushrooms through the good old B1.8 bone meal method. Don't you think?

Grr... Notch. Fix your game breaking bugs >.<

There used to be desert with my wall on it before:

th_2011-09-23_155158.png

Here's an idea I've thought for the new snow golems: What if they can only come to life at night or something? It has always felt like the night has some magic on the world.

I said it was *just* an idea. :P

It's "What IF they would only come to life at night (after building them)?" Even if you try to build them using the right ingredients of snow and pumpkin at day, they wouldn't turn into living snowmen because it lacks the third ingredient, which is the night's magical darkness. I dunno. Just a thought.

Again, this new mushroom biome is now growing on me. I'd like to believe the fungi growing around the dirt of the biomes could be some kind of 'hostile mob', and just like any hostile mobs they have this weird and nasty aggressive nature, but instead of the player they would attack or 'infect' poor cows kinda like a virus and allow their mushroom friends to grow on them. Just something I thought of when I was watching ChimneySwift's recent pre-B1.9 vids.

I believe on the mcforums there was a pic of a mushroom cow

So where are these Villager(s) that everyone keeps mentioning? :huh:

And the 1.9 pre-release has really fudged up my map!!! <_< I may have to start a new one if the official release doesn't fix it :(

And I have walked literally for miles from the spawn point (at least two MC days in every dirrection) and yet I still haven't found a snow biome or a temple ruins or a stronghold... :o

Unless a 'stronghold' is where all the spiders nest in the abandoned mines, in which case, I keep tripping over them cause they are everywhere...

I like how chickens appear when you throw eggs at mobs. :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

Strongholds are said to be extremely rare. Villagers are sort of like clones with their arms crossed; they all have the same name - Testificate. Snow biomes are a mystery, they appear when you least expect it :D

I had to go into Creative mode to see the Villagers and there are three kinds, Male (basic brown cloths) Female (basic with apron) and Priest (pink robes and lives in the church).

I thought strongholds are suppose to replace or 'update' the old traditional dungeons. Were they?

If not, though, I hope someone makes a mod where the strongholds and dungeons are merged into one, where there are adequate number of mob spawners within the strongholds -- about 1-2 I think, depending on the stronghold's size. That is until they get updated for what they were supposed to be for.

...and also probably to keep them from being generated as merged or mixed up with ravines or abandoned mines, which make them look like Endermen griefed the place or something. Me thinks if they are to intersect, they should blend well.

My server has fall theme! :D

Falltheme.jpg

Come join! :D

http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play/2530...7f1b432999481cd (Look at top right corner of screen, you have to be logged in to play :D)

I already mentioned the Magma Cubes in one of my previous posts. They're like the slime versions, except the tiny ones can also inflict damage.

And I've always figured that the experience orb is, for the most part, for the once pointless score system.

EDIT: In a GTA-related note, I was looking at the TXDs in San Andreas's IMGs, and I never thought they would look good as a texture pack for Minecraft. Come to think of it, it has good textures for wood (ALL 3 types of trees), planks, iron, fences, iron bars, doors, stone, saplings, glass, sand, dirt, grass, wild grass, and even cacti. I may just actually turn it to a texture pack in the future. XD

That would be awesome!

I'll try looking into Vice City, which I don't have installed at the moment.

Endermen teleport to dodge arrows. Endermen teleport out of water when they touch it. Endermen teleport a lot more...

Oh wow. I once considered one of Notch's tweets as that of someone offended (by the bad feedback of his new mob). And I was never expecting this. This is WAY better.

Btw, while the Endermen will have their own sounds, I kinda prefer the silent pre-B1.9 Endermen over the zombie-like moaning of the B1.8 Endermen. This is really when its creepy nature is starting to grow on me.

I like how MC is constanly trying to use 120% of my CPU at all times. funny how i never had this problem before Notch decided to change the chunk loading method in 1.8 from page caching to straight up CPU OVERUSE!!! t**t!!!! :angry:

I can play for all of 2 mins before it shuts down. And before anyone says "close background programs" All I have running is Windows explorer (which you can't turn off, stupid XP) and MC.

Edited by Orgcon

Sign in to follow this