:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

Wow I just finished my Happy Independence Day creation with the fireworks mod and I was gonna record for youtube. I restart my computer and now its not showing the Minecraft application, yet its in the saves folder, anyone knows a fix?

Edit:OMG OMG OMG AWESOME

Notch

tumblr_lnvpoh3rJE1qzb7ox.png

Most of the basics of the game engine is in place, so it’s time to flesh this game out into something more gamey. More content, more exploration, more things to do, and interesting combat! Once this update is out, there will only some tweaks, optimizations and code cleanups left to the core game before we can call it a full release.

We’ve got a list of some 40+ things we want to add to the game, some small, some big. Some huge. We’ve finished a fair number of the items, but there’s still a significant amount of work left. While I can’t reveal the date yet for various reasons, we do have a release date for the Adventure Update in mind, and we’re hoping we’ll be able to hit it.

Jens and I are keeping the exact contents of the update secret, but we do leak some information every now and then to keep people interested and to stop us from going insane. For the most immediate spoilers, you can follow us on Twitter (@notch and @jeb_), or on Google+ (+Markus Persson and +Jens Bergensten).

Here are a few of the things we’ve revealed so far:

NPC villages

Randomly generated dungeons

New biome code

Fully working Creative Mode (and individual admins can enter Creative Mode on a Survival Mode server if they choose)

Critical hits

Sprinting

More farming options

As soon as I can reveal the release date we’re aiming for, I will!

Oh, and the modding support is happening, honest.

Edited by TheCoolest2

On a non-gameplay-related Minecraft-related note:

- Just tested out a Minecraft modeller app named "Techne". Simple but really useful.

Creeper.png

- How to make a Real-Life Creeper vid a friend found @ YouTube. lol...

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Probably never heard of him and don't really care, if he's sad enough to be griefing Minecraft then I don't want to know.

On a lighter note (no pun intended) Note blocks don't work (or just play a 'thud' to be more specific) when you place them on Cobblestone. Is this intended or a bug!?

Really!? Sounds bloody awful! :mellow:

So, does that mean there are other blocks that change the sound or are they the only 2 sounds. And how do you find all this stuff out? <_<

:P minecraftwiki.net

I heard if you put it on a block and remove the block under it leaving air, it makes a nice sound :D

Edit: Scroll down to see the types of instrument sound it makes

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Note_Block

Its beautiful

Edited by TheCoolest2

On a lighter note (no pun intended) Note blocks don't work (or just play a 'thud' to be more specific) when you place them on Cobblestone. Is this intended or a bug!?
cobblestone makes it sound like a drum
So, does that mean there are other blocks that change the sound or are they the only 2 sounds. And how do you find all this stuff out? <_<

The block below the Note Block determines what instrument it plays. As far as I know, wood plays a Double Bass, stone/cobblestone a Bass Drum, sand a Snare Drum, glass a clicking instrument (sounds like drum sticks only it can play notes), and pretty much everything else (incl. a 'space block') a Harp.

On another note, someone in the Minecraft Wiki made a comparison bet. a normal Creeper explosion and a charged Creeper explosion, strong reminder that I should get away from those Zeus-blessed green exploding d*cks.

Electric_and_normal_creeper_explosion_comparison.png

Update 1.8

18chicken.png

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Cooked_Chicken

Notice the new height limit and the new bars on the bottom besides health and armor

18heightmap.png

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Hunger

My own video:

" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Just watched very nice

Notch reveals new mob hes working on, pretty creepy

The new mob I've been working on is a bit creepy..

photo.jpg

Go to his google plus account so you can zoom the picture

https://plus.google.com/116872576248355504859/posts

Edited by TheCoolest2

ender_new.jpg

A new image of the new creature - commonly referred to as "Endermen" - was released recently (enhanced here, for light levels). This image is much more up-close-and-personal than the first, giving us a good look at the new creatures. It would seem that wearing a pumpkin prevents the new mob from seeing you, although this is unconfirmed at present.

Additionally, Notch mentioned a possible name-change for the newly minted mob, "Farlander" being suggested and, apparently, already in heavy use.

Endermen remind me of the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who, except they're tall and peaceful Mobs who simply want to share the fun of building stuff with you until you p*ss them off by staring at them straight with your eyes. Should one become hostile, you must not blink nor look away, otherwise they'll be quick (and silent) enough to kill you.

I think it will change the game's formula permanently. From a peaceful game (peaceful in the sense that as long as you avoid those annoying and frustrating green exploding d***s roaming at night) to a game that can evoke fear. I'm not sure how the game will end up from now on. Probably it will feel like your first night in Minecraft, except you'll be scared to hell for the rest of the game because it WILL be your worst fears realized.

Here's a cool fan-made video of what it may feel like being hunted (or haunted) by an Enderman:

" />

Btw, I think wearing pumpkins will keep Endermen from finding out you're staring at them.

Not really a fan of Enderman :/

I read that all worlds before 1.8 will have to be deleted as NPC Villages will cause chunk errors, including multiplayer worlds

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I read that all worlds before 1.8 will have to be deleted as NPC Villages will cause chunk errors, including multiplayer worlds

Pics or it didn't happen.

I've been keeping a close eye on the 1.8 updates, knew every single one, but I haven't heard of that before. Any references?

TEAM AVO IS IN THE SERVER IM IN HOLY s**t HELP I WAS LISTENING TO THE LIVE STREAM HOLY s**t....

EDIT: OMG ONE IS ADMIN... AND I WAS TELLING WHAT THEY WERE SAYING THEN THEY SANG A SONG FOR ME LOL

Edited by TheCoolest2

youtube.com/teamavolition

The hacker griefing team

Edit: Is this you mike? :o

http://mcbans.com/player/Mike

Edited by TheCoolest2

Sign in to follow this