Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TWG

Intrada Records

Most of you probably already know about it, but Intrada Records has a special 2 disc set of the "COMPLETE" score of Back to the Future, Part 1.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6315/.f

The first disc contains all the original music from the film...while the second disc contains of alternate takes and the like (Peabody's Farm (Alt.) is AMAZING, why didn't Silvestri keep that in? Would have added a sense of drama to the scene).

What makes me excited about this is, despite all the fan edits of stuff I've found, bootlegged copies, isolated scores, even the "Songs from the Movie" edition, which only had like, 2 orchestrated songs on it, this has the ones I really like...85 Lone Pine Mall for example, I have always loved that track. And the alternate takes are really interesting as well, such as the different instruments and stuff they used for the Clocktower piece (more emphasis on sharp staccato pieces and more like a sort of "ratatatata" sound.)

I've only listened to the clips online, but I just ordered it, and I'm very excited to have it.

Anyone else's thoughts on this?

Also, uh, for anyone who knows more about it, is this a reproducing...or a remastering of older tapes? Cause, I mean, the "Real Educational Clocktower" clip sounds exactly as the "Overture" piece found in the "Songs from the Movie" CD.

Update : Just got it in the mail.

The tracks are beautifully remastered. A lot of the main stuff is there, such as, of course, the main theme (played as the End Credits music though), the DeLorean reveal, the Skateboard scene, and so on. All this stuff has been either remastered, or re conducted by Silvestri so well that...I really can't tell the difference between what I hear in the movie and this.

You also get a lot of the little cues, such as Lorraine's Bedroom, George McFly's "rescue scene" where he's "fighting" Biff and the aftermath, the dance scene where Marty's fading away, two extra recordings from Marvin Berry's band (such as the little song after Night Train ((entitled Marvin Berry Bebop) and the song after Johnny B Goode, in which there's a little jazz intermission about 2 or 3 minutes long. There's even what looks to be an unused Logo cue, I guess which would have been used to introduce the Back<--- To the Future logo when it was flashed onto the screen. It's all very well done.

There's also a lot of stuff on here that hasn't been covered by either the "Songs" album or the "Bootlegged" version. The '85 Lone Pine Mall sequence, where Marty watches himself go back in time, or the Peabody's Farm piece as well. It's nice, cause Lone Pine is probably one of my most favorite pieces in the entire trilogy.

The Alternate takes of the CD is especially well done as well. It's basically like the entire album done in alternate takes. The result is a much more edgier, darker tone that, while probably not suitable for the movies, would definitely work in a much more action packed movie, or maybe even a horror film. Peabody's Farm (Alt.), for example, would work in a much more alien setting, and, while the Bobs were wanting a sense of a drama and unknown, this track was probably a bit TOO dark.

All in all though, superb CD. I definitely recommend it for any Future fans on this website that's crazy enough about the soundtracks, or even has a passing interest in the films.

Sign in to follow this