Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
knightprowl

white shiny parts after editing and exporting cars

hi, ive always had problems with cars, ill import em to max, edit em and ect, then export, then ingame they got alot of white spots, like shiny stuff, and make stuff disappear, like the doors have it sometimes, the glass, ect, but no other cars do this that i have, am i doing something wrong? it always does this and idk why, ive uploaded a pic to show what i mean, anyways if anyone knows what to do to fix this then plz let me kno, cause im sick of it, it always does this, then i have to edit and add stuff and most time get it fixed, but anyways plz let me kno cause gtaforums is down, anyways thanks and peace

KP

gtasa2010062403005424.jpg

gtasa2010062403005902.jpg

Shift and dot "." is your friend.

uh, this has nothing to do with i think my spelling i dont think? this is a topic bout my modding prob, not my spelling, ya dont like me not using . and shift then dont read my posts, anyways ya ant helping by saying unneeded comments, eather post a soultion or not at all, cause i dont got the time for bulls**tting, anyways bye

Edited by knightprowl

Particularly, on that example, the mapping on the windshield and back glass got messed up. You have to make sure materials are properly asigned to each TGA before exporting. Happens with ZMod too. You might also want to check the alpha channels on your TXD file.

And, when you reimport to 3DS (ZMod sometimes, depends on the model), normals get really out of place. You might notice this on the San Andreas conversion (and early -before BTTF:HV- VC versions) of our DeLorean if you look at the door panels: You'll notice the polys (triangles) are not responding according to the light. About that, there's really nothing you can do, apart from fixing the normals manually after importing.

uh, this has nothing to do with i think my spelling i dont think? this is a topic bout my modding prob, not my spelling, ya dont like me not using . and shift then dont read my posts, anyways ya ant helping by saying unneeded comments, eather post a soultion or not at all, cause i dont got the time for bulls**tting, anyways bye

Unless I'm mistaken, he's not talking about your spelling.

ok sry didnt kno mike, now about normals, how do i do that? im not very good with max, idk s**t, i just kno how to export stuff and import stuff, none of that hard detailed stuff unfornatlly :(, now idk if this would help but welding verticles, is that what ya mean? idk ya will have to explane, anyways let me kno thanks and peace

KP

Vertex welding really helps, but you still have to edit the normal for that vertice after it's welded to give it its former surface properties (normal's lenght and direction tells the engine how light shines on it, from where and how much). Google a nice MAX tutorial or use Zmod2 (SA).

well is this easy to do? the editing normals i mean, is there a tool that makes it auto fix the normals cause i rly dont got the time or patience to manually fix something thats rly hard to do, not to mention never done it before, so hopfully there is a tool for this, if not im f**ked, but anyways thanks and peace

KP

hi, sry to double post but i just wanted to say i fixed the problems with the cars, all done now :), and for those of ya that dont kno what mod im making, its a dukes of hazzard mod, nothing huge but still fairly big mod, gonna have all the main cars, main characters as peds, new maps like jumps and stuff, renamed stuff, and ect ect, most of which is already done, all cars are done, still fixing a few things tho, jumps and stuff and renamed map areas in countryside for both hazzard and chickasaw county, chickasaw and hazzard both spawn in correct countys, and the georgia cop car from the movie replaces the sf and lv cop cars, and a la cop car for ls, bout 15 new jumps so far, maybe more or less, not rly sure, repplaced police station signs, paint and spray sign and welcome pump sign in dillimore which is hazzard with boars nest, cooters garage and hazzard police signs, idk what the chickasaw police signs look like but if anyone has dukes on dvd or w/e and can find a good shot of the chickasaw police sign then plz do so and send me the pics, but anyways nuff talking, gotta sleep, sry to post so much its just im so excited cause im actually enjoying modding for once ina long time, batmod just doesnt cut it, but anyways if anyone wants to help with stuff like coding or textures or w/e just let me kno, ima make a topic on here later on once i get up, anyways ill ttyl, peace

KP

Sign in to follow this