Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Gunsnipe3795

I was wondering

Does anyone know where I can find a road pack? I'd like to make a custom highway around vice city. Yes I know that deathsquad made one already; but with this mod, the game crashes at the loading screen, even just putting in one of deathsquads image files into the image crashes the game. I tried using parts of VC's roads; but doesn't work properly without proper straight and curved roads. So does anyone know where I can find such a road pack, it also has to have straight bridges and stuff too

did you know you can get a vcm version of the deathsquad mod which does everything for you?

Tried the VCM of deathsquads mod, still crashed the game at the loading screen

Edited by Gunsnipe3795

Ok, here's another question pertaining to both the BTTF mod and to Deathsquad's mod. If I install deathsquads mod first then install the BTTF: HV mod, will it work or will it spaz out like before

hmmm did you set your limit adjuster settings?

and check the ipls/ides from the bttf map and the death squad map files in (your vc directory)/data/maps

look at the delorean/downpast folders and the deatch squad one and if any model number conlicts adjust accordingly the models number example is 5324 thats the first 4 numbers of each line. if you are at the age where you dont understand the word conflict just find ones which are the same number between the the bttf folders and the deathsquad folders. the bttf model numbers go up to 6000 i believe and add the folder start onto the bttf list and you only need to look at the ides. (thats .ide files i mean and incase you dont know how to open them just use notepad)

Edited by ♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

hmmm did you set your limit adjuster settings?

and check the ipls/ides from the bttf map and the death squad map files in (your vc directory)/data/maps

look at the delorean/downpast folders and the deatch squad one and if any model number conlicts adjust accordingly the models number example is 5324 thats the first 4 numbers of each line. if you are at the age where you dont understand the word conflict just find ones which are the same number between the the bttf folders and the deathsquad folders. the bttf model numbers go up to 6000 i believe and add the folder start onto the bttf list and you only need to look at the ides. (thats .ide files i mean and incase you dont know how to open them just use notepad)

I followed the instructions for the VCM version of the road mod, the memory on the limit adjuster was set to its max at 255, the number that needed to be changed was the buildings number, I think it needed to be se to 8000. So I set the number to 8000 and saved it, I d/l the VCMM to use the mod, I tried installing the mod using VCMM and it gave me an error. What if I delete what's left of the hill valley map (using the lite version of the mod), will that open it up for the mod? I've deleted the map before using moo mapper and the only thing that was left of the map was the courthouse's clock hands and three dumpsters

Map mods that have their own modified main.scms and rely on them to work won't work for the BTTF mod, even with the limit adjuster.

@Offtopic: Gunsnipe's posts remind me of my old posting habit.

Map mods that have their own modified main.scms and rely on them to work won't work for the BTTF mod, even with the limit adjuster.

@Offtopic: Gunsnipe's posts remind me of my old posting habit.

This one doesn't have a main.scm file to it, it's just a basic road mod that encircles vice city

thats one of the things i forgot about suggesting cause i havent been on the mod in ages

Good thing I backed up the BTTF:HV mod to my secondary drive. I reinstalled the vice city game and used the manual install version of the mod, I'll check both the gta-VC.DAT on the original and the hill valley version and see where they are messing up. I mean it should work you know, I found a calahan bridge mod for the game and it worked fine

I compared the two gta_vc.dat files and other than the added stuff for the HV mod and for the deathsquad mod, everything looked normal. I transferred the main.scm, the delorean, downpast and start files into the new game and added the lines from the gat_vc HV mod to the other game. At first it looked like it was gonna work; but when I got close to the auto store, the game crashed, so there must be a conflict going on between the main.scm and the road mod. I know I'll need sannybuilder to tweak the coding; but where would I go to tweak it? If anyone can't figure it out, my first question is still up in the air asto to finding a road pack to make a custom road mod around vice city

Edited by Gunsnipe3795

This one doesn't have a main.scm file to it

If you were to install this kind of map mod over the BTTF mod, then you'll need to make comparisons between the BTTF mod version and the map mod version of the (Notepad-editable) files the map mod would replace if you install it (i.e. gta_vc.dat). If you recognized there are some differences, copy the edit made in the BTTF mod version of the file to that of the map mod's. In short, it won't be that easy.

it's just a basic road mod that encircles vice city

Reminds me of the Interstate 420-C mod.

(Video by iMaster/Protonkid; and yes, that's the old version of the BTTF mod)

http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/file/I...TATE_420C;59521

If you were to install this kind of map mod over the BTTF mod, then you'll need to make comparisons between the BTTF mod version and the map mod version of the (Notepad-editable) files the map mod would replace if you install it (i.e. gta_vc.dat). If you recognized there are some differences, copy the edit made in the BTTF mod version of the file to that of the map mod's. In short, it won't be that easy.

Reminds me of the Interstate 420-C mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7HCZuoLNoo

(Video by iMaster/Protonkid; and yes, that's the old version of the BTTF mod)

http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/file/I...TATE_420C;59521

I kno angel, the video you put on here with the i420-c mod, is the same one I'm trying to put over the BTTF HV mod. How did you manage to get the night rider mod to work with the intercity highway mod

no the ipls in all of the map folders (haiti etc)

Oh yeah, here's my hypothesis, if I go into the IPL's that were affected by the deathsquad mod and put the lines that were deleted back in, that would fix both mods and make them work together, correct?

i think so, if not then i do not know

if that doesnt work get vc limit adjuster and check the budlings number and the ipl limit you can find what it is by looking in the ipl and ide files

i think so, if not then i do not know

if that doesnt work get vc limit adjuster and check the budlings number and the ipl limit you can find what it is by looking in the ipl and ide files

Ok I'll do a comparison and see what changed, I switched the buildings number on the limit adjuster to 24000 as a safeguard. Also, does anyone know where I could find the ORIGINAL WATERPRO.DAT file, preferably one from the disc-based version of vice city, there's certain area's on the D.D. version as well in the BTTF mod where in certain area's (ie the unground parking lot right by the docks, the underground mall and the coolie) where there's an invisible layer of water. Driving in the coolie, (only in the D.D. version of Vice City) slows the car down dramatically and you loose health (the lite version of the BTTF Mod fixed that issue) but driving in the underground mall and the underground parking lot (in both the D.D. version of Vice City and in the BTTF mod) you'll drown. So anyone know where I can find one

Sign in to follow this