:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Soople Gamer

Why is there a box on the DeLorean

delorean_time_machine_rear2.jpg

See the little box on the roof of the DeLorean? I wonder what it does, but here is my explanation that I made last night.

Maybe the box is a projector, like it projects the wormhole. The lining that connects the back of the DeLorean connects to the projector as well and I guess when you hit an X amount of speed, it gets heated and powered up and activates the wormhole, the more speed you gain, the bigger the wormhole. Like in BTTF HV, you can go really fast and the wormhole got bigger. And the Flux Capacitor has three pipes. Possibly one is for Time Circuits, another it from the plutonium, and the last is for the projector. Like in BTTF 2 when the DeLorean had the 99 Flames, the Time Circuit got damaged so it can't TT since it is 1/3 of the Flux. Reaching the X amount of speed activates the plutonium which gives it the electricity to sync it. The plutonium also powers up the projector and allows the wormhole to generate, and only way to get the wormhole big enough is to reach 88 MPH. Wormholes require a certain speed. Like in the old "Hotwheels Highway 35" how they required to reach I think 300 MPH to enter the wormhole (I watched it a LOOOONNNNGGG time ago). And the flames is an effect of the tires heating up? When it re-enters, it is all electrified so everything that is connected to the DeLorean (Including driver) and is in sync. It is also cold since wormholes are cold and it projects. Thus it being frozen. But one thing that is strange. Anything that is electrified is hot. Or maybe it helps it not to be super-ice-age cold. When the Flux capacitor flux, it allows all of the connection and energy to be contained and fused.

But also, the projector may be a speed capturer, but if it is, then how is it able to make wormholes then? High chance it is either a projector or both.

You can also see in the First Time Travel Experiment, that the first spark comes directly from "the box on the roof" or projector, as you called it. It is also visible in the movie that it slowly gets brighter from black to bright cyan, like heating up or something.

Edited by RG

It's called the wormhole emitter, a term we've been using for the "box on the roof" ever since. :P

And the flames is an effect of the tires heating up?

Not exactly. If you look closer, those flames are not really coming from the tires themselves. I reckon they're a type of exhaust, but I recall Blue saying they're for something else. This is the reason why in the SA version the tire flames seem to coming from the bottom of the DeLorean just behind the tires, not from the tires themselves. And they're more like tons of sparks fired to the ground than flames.

wheelvents.png

(Taken from BTTF3. Try looking for other scenes of the DeLorean initializing time travel, and you'll see the same thing.)

It is also cold since wormholes are cold and it projects. Thus it being frozen.

Wormholes are not made up of matter to be able to have temperature (only matter can have temperature), therefore they're neither cold nor hot, but the absence of heat energy outside space-time would explain the cold effect.

When the car exits space-time, the heat energy of its outer shell "escapes", turning extremely cold. Only those outside that are warmer enough would remain warm, but their temperature would decrease still. Once it returns back to space-time (wherever part of space-time that is), water vapor would react to the extremely cold shell of the car, turning from vapor to ice. So there 'ya go, a "frozen DeLorean" (or frozen-in-ice DeLorean).

wormhole

I still believe that the blue stuff being "projected" or fired to the front of the DeLorean is not the wormhole (yet). It's an active blue plasma of some kind that, when dense enough, can tear through the fabric of space-time and create a wormhole. Wormholes are in reality colorless and, most especially, can't emit light, and they close or "get patched up" very quickly. I'm guessing need for the speed of 88 mph was to make sure the DeLorean gets to the wormhole before it closes. Doc had to program it so that the wormhole opens only when the DeLorean reaches 88. Even without speeding up, I believe the wormhole can still be created.

and the flux capcitor does not do all the work because in the 3rd movie doc says in his letter that the time circuit control chip was broken hence that the flux capictor does a similar job to everyday capictors controlling the energy going through it

It's called the wormhole projector, a term we've been using for the "box on the roof" ever since. :P

I bet that there are other names that have been given to it. I call it the "Wormhole Emitter" because it seems to "emit" the particles or whatever they are that create (or form) the wormhole...

My bad. It's wormhole emitter, not wormhole projector. *Corrected previous post*

Blue/Del and the guys have been using this term since, especially for modeling/coding matters.

Sign in to follow this