:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
chico688

I can supply delorean pics or info by request.

My father actually owns a 1981 delorean, would you guys need any pics for modding? I can get nearly any angle or whatever by request. Its a fun car to drive really, just a money pit haha.. If you need any info or have any questions about deloreans or need measurements ... I have personally driven one, my dad owns one, and I have worked on one. ( I go to school for automotive mechanics) just pm me with a request of what angle or shot or measurement or whatever, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.. thanks :)

ps. allow some time for me to get the pics etc., I will do it as I can.

From what I've heard, Carlos is planning to make a scratch build of the DeLorean (both stock and time machine I believe). You could be of some help, I think.

But which DeLorean are you talking about exactly? The original/stock one, or the modified time machine one? If it is the modified one, knowing these guys, it would need to be extremely movie-accurate (being very close to the real thing would be enough). If it is the original, it would be OK too, since, like how the current BTTF mod time machine was made, Carlos can base from it to make both versions.

Speaking of which (@Carlos and guys), can we just have those "glowing buttons" inside the DeLorean as not having text on them like the Crysis DeLorean? It's simpler and more decent, and it makes the interior cleaner that way.

Its a stock 1981 DeLorean, and If Carlos needs anything scale related/ measurement related to be as accurate in size i would be More than happy to help, In Addition to that, somewhere I used to have measurements to movie accurate vents, I dont know if I still have them though. The only difference of the cars used in the movie and mine (besides all the props on the car) is the hood gas flap.

That's cool, then.

It's better if it is the stock. Like I've said, like what he did in making the time machine versions, Carlos can just base it from the stock one. It would be "troublesome", in a sense, if it was modified, though -- the mod guys would have to double check its movie-accuracy, despite being modified decently or properly.

Cool, thats a relief. I almost thought you were going to say that it would be better modified. haha

Edited by chico688

I can't guarantee you that they would ask help from you, since I know there are members in the mod team who own a DeLorean like you. Then again, they may not have the time to take the pictures and the measurements.

Let's wait for what the guys (especially Mike, Carlos and Blue) have to say.

I think I have all the measurements I need for a new DeLorean. And yeah, I'd have to start with the stock one. Thanks for the offer, chico. If I need anything I can't find by myself, I'll ask you for reference pics :D.

No problem Carlos.... I'll be around if you need anything for the model, if not then thats cool too. :)

Sign in to follow this