:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Saiyaman

iTunes problem....

"ITUNES SUCKS GET ------" etc comments will be deleted.

Ok here is the problem:

iTunes pops up infront of whatever is on the screen about every 20-30 seconds. I've uninstalled and re-installed it but that did not fix it. It's extremely annoying and I'm sick of it... And yes I have Googled but I can't find anyone with the same problem with version 9 of iTunes.

hmm... that's strange. Could it be it's registry file causing this. Cause sometimes they don't get deleted after an uninstall. So the same (old) one could still be the one being used. Just an idea...

And also I hear that iTunes doesn't run all that great on PC. At least not as well as it does on apple computers. But then it is an apple application.

Edited by Joe Statler

hmm... that's strange. Could it be it's registry file causing this. Cause sometimes they don't get deleted after an uninstall. So the same (old) one could still be the one being used. Just an idea...

And also I hear that iTunes doesn't run all that great on PC. At least not as well as it does on apple computers. But then it is an apple application.

It's ran great for like 2 years but suddenly it has started to be a b**ch. I'll try deleting the registry later.

Umm, did you try updating it? It could be a problem with 7, since iTunes could not be fully conformed with it.

Do you have a G19 keyboard?

The problem could be: a USB hub's connection to some device is working incorrectly, so iTunes thinks you're connecting an mp3 player or some other device. The G19 could cause this problem due to its advanced hardware.

Edited by iMaster

Hmmm, maybe updating the keyboard drivers would help? Manually, from Logitech's site.

What if you actually get that plugin?

I don't think it will do anything since all the plugin does is let me control itunes via the media keys on it.

Oh... OK, do you have any hubs in there? Maybe a loose connection does it.

So you're implying that only 2 devices are plugged in?

Try to find a simple classic keyboard and see if the problem repeats itself.

Edited by iMaster

I've been using this keyboard with iTunes installed for a year and I've never had problems, I don't think it is the keyboard.

What changes have you made before the problem started?

Tried to quit iTunes, reboot, run it again?

Could firewalls and stuff cause it? Cause iTunes sends an awful lot of data back and forth.

Lets think... maybe it's the mistake of the developers? Cause what is there on Windows that is not on a Mac that could cause it?

Try downgrading. Or check for minor updates, but completely remove it from your PC before doing so.