:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mini-Me

My Avatar(s) - ideas needed

Hi people,

I'm just updating my avatar(s) and make them sorta animated. The 04 DeLorean MKII is done first, basing of an ingame video:

04DeLorean-MKII_Mini-Me.gif

Next was the DMC-13, basing on two shots where one had no coil glows and the other did, I'm not happy with the transition yet:

DMC-13_Mini-Me.gif

(DMC-12) K.I.T.T. will be next, I guess I'll give him a simple moving scanner and maybe red pulsating glows?

That's the regular version now:

DMC-12_KITT_Mini-Me.png

The standard DMC-12 also is outstanding, but I have no special idea yet, do you :)?

Here's the actual version:

DMC-12_Mini-Me.png

Why not make the flux capacitor flux and the sids display do something?

btw, shouldn't Marty be driving the Delorean and KITT drive himself?

If you tell me what exactly the sids display is :P. Is it the green lights at the right side behind the driver's seat?

EDIT: Uhm, the K.I.T.T. pic was taken when I didn't have an invisible skin, so that's why he's in. Originally all weren't supposed to have a driver pilot.

Hm, these are tiny edits to do and I'm nor a real artist neither I can get along perfectly with graphic programs :D.

Might be doing the shot on my own to use an invisible skin there as well :P.

I'll need to decide then which to take or if I should use both, VC and SA.

A little bit more blue might be better, at least in this picture.

And what did you mean with 4xAA?

Anti Aliasing. Like look at the headlights on both your avatar and SA. Your avatar has jagged edges, while SA doesn't. Thats what AA does.

And might that not be loss that happened when editing the shot later on :P?

Jasc Animation Workshop is what I use, quite old Software that now Corel owns. Isn't the best, but enough for mme.

oh I don't know, its more spot on then VC's blue coils, assuming we both shot it in the day time.

framephp.jpg

frame3php.jpg

At least its bluer at night. Just look at my sig.

mini me, i use jasc as well. i like it. i used ulead gif animator before that. how do you animate those coils? you dont photoshop each frame obviously, or do you?

As is said, for the 04 MKII I took a video-shot ingame with FRAPS inside vice studio's greenscreen (to that DK applied UV Mapping for me so that I could change its color to white easier by replacing the texture, thank DK!) and directly opened the .avi-file with Jasc. Then I used the "replace color" tool to remove the white background and make it transparent (the multiple frames were there already).

For the DMC-13 I took a screenshot once with the coils lit and once with them off. I imported these shots, made the background transparent and then used the transition effect that created the multiple frames for me.

For both I finally added my nick into all frames.

That was nearly all I did (I left out some smaller steps).

sweet thanks. that sounds a little complex. :P i like yours though. i actually put myself in mine this time. a night involving a lot of booze a few years ago :drunk:

Edited by trancelikestate

Sign in to follow this