:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mini-Me

Screenshots and Videos - Showroom and Discussion

20 members have voted

1. 1. Shall the comments on the screenshots and videos be kept in their own topic to keep it organized?

• Yes, watching them is more fun this way.
    • No, reading the comments is more interesting, people that don't want to should be fine with skipping them.

As you might have noticed in the newly merged Screenshots and Videos topic, Blue and me were arguing whether it is better to keep the discussion separate from the screenshots themselves to keep it more organized, whereas quotes still mark the reference of the comment.

I am the opinion that having the comments in the same topic as the screenshots and videos makes them less important than the discussion about them. I think it should rather be the other way around. The intend of such a topic is to put nice shots in the spotlight and share them with others. With the comments directly after them I always have to skip lots of comments if I only want to see the images and quite often loose fun to do that after a few pages because most of the time I wait for the new page to be loaded and all these comments break the flow.

Look for example at the topic as it is now. It became 55 pages long and more than the half of it does not contain images or vids, whereas the title describes it should in fact do.

Blue's argument is that people can get confused if they want to read the comments because they don't know to which image they belong - isn't that exactly what the quote button is made for? Using it you can clearly show what you're referring to, whereas you also are possible to only look at the screenies and videos if you want to, what actually most people do.

So build up your own decision and give your vote, the community will decide :).

Sign in to follow this