Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TranceLikeState

Dexx Tools, anyone use em?

i ran through the process a couple times, i'm trying to put a light in a map object. hasnt worked for me yet. any of you guys use em at all?

thatd be awesome thnx. yeah that much i know. but it just doesnt seem to work. i just wanna do a simple lamp post.

ah, i'm so close i know it! its gotta be simple! and theres really no tuts or info anywhere except the read me which aint cutting it.

ok maybe this will help. when you open the dff with RW analyzer scroll down to the last extension section. it should have bin and mesh underneath it. right click extension and hit add section. then a window will pop up with extension on top and a grey box beneath it. where it says extension, click the deltoid (triangle) and scroll down to 2dfx. and click it and hit ok. now 2dfx should be underneath extension. next right click 2dfx and click import data. and search for the 2dfx data exported by dexxx's tool, and import it. now save and close and put it in-game. the 2dfx should now work.

it should but doesnt :( i appreciate the tips though. i have done those things already. how bout this, when your exporting the dff from max what do you select? both items? the model only?

ok so i have my model. i create an omni light, put it where i want it then link it. i hit add light info and go to the script window and go to setup/ edit lights. i select the size i want keeping the default type for now. i hit apply to lights, export the dff, and export the light data. i open rw analyzer, and go through the process you said previously. that about do it?

ehhh, so dexx sent me a PM back and told me to just keep increasing the size, but i made it as large as it will go and still no light. lame bra.

Solved. follow the procedure, but after you export your light info, do not export your dff!!!!! open your raw dff in rw and modify it. that makes it work!

ok, so now this doesnt work at all for me, and i obviously know how to do it. i replaced the rw analyzer and dexx tools and nothing. you guys think i need to reinstall max? i was trying to add lights to a vehicle last i used it. i thought something may have changed the config settings in something but its not the light tools. it must be max. :(

yeah i noticed, but since i tried that it wont work properly, even on map objects. :P

Edited by trancelikestate

ok, so when i drag the light info through 2dfx editor, the light blinks real quickly every 3 seconds. :doh2: its obviously not exporting out of max right. i uninstalled and re installed.

ok, i am becoming quite the expert at this. i got it working again and know why. if anyone ever gets their arse kicked by this i'm the guy to talk to.

Sign in to follow this