Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Flux Capacitor

I'm getting p***ed off with the installer

I've been up for 2 days trying to get a working net framework so I can install 0.1.3.2

EVERY SINGLE TIME IT FAILS

What was the point to using net framework? Just use the same installer as 1.3.1, really.

Well no other net framework works for me, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5, I always have to install something else to make it work, but it always crashes or something.

What was the point to using net framework? Just use the same installer as 1.3.1, really.

Uhm, we do?

All installers for the SA mod we yet made required .net to replace the models, the only new thing is that it now checks if you have it installed.

EDIT: You can also install all by hand, extract the contents of the installer with 7zip to your SA folder and use IMGtool to replace the models.

Well no other net framework works for me, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5, I always have to install something else to make it work, but it always crashes or something.

Can I have some details, simply saying it doesn't work won't help me fix it. What is your operating system? If Vista or Win 7 do you have UAC turned on? Are you running an antivirus/internet security package that could prevent .net from installing correctly?

Windows 7 and Vista SHOULD have a decent version of .NET Framework, so the culprit would likely be UAC. If you don't want to turn off UAC or set it to lower settings, just run the BTTF:SA mod installer / IMG Editor as an administrator.

Also, it sounds like a system problem than an installer problem. .NET Framework v1.1 should be enough, unless .NET's installer is screwed-up or "not authenticated". Do you encounter any problem with installing other programs?

UAC = User Account Control

It sometimes comes up with these messages:

Vista-UAC-Prompt.png

Sign in to follow this