Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mini-Me

Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy - PC

I just was browsing some sites of R* and found this: Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy - PC.

I'm wondering if these game disks include the games with the latest updates, e.g. San Andreas v2.0 (hmm, why does R* offer a v1.1 patch on their site if v2.0 is the latest)?

Also I'm wondering if I could buy that from here in Germany without having to pay a lot of "duties, taxes or other miscellaneous fees"...

Would buy that elsewhere now having read more...

What do you guys think (mostly on my first thought)?

All you really need is VC and SA, III is boring compared to the others, the missions are a piece of p**s and its unmodable (in my opinion)! ;)

It probably is a good collectors item...

Although, I don't collect collectable stuff, so I'm kinda bias :P

Edited by Orgcon

:lol:.

At least in GTA:LC the missions were quite ok, but still it stays an old game :P.

The main reason why I consider purchasing this is because right now I don't have own no GTA, but have III and VC, and I've lost my SA DVD.

Wow, you got a beta :P?

Still I'm stuck in the decision whether to buy this or not, most likely to the probability that this could be a version 2.0 scratch_one-s_head_mini.gif.

Like I said, its good to have if your collecting. I have both VC and SA, but they sit on the shelf doing nothing but collecting dust! With a 'no-disc' .exe the game runs faster, cause it doesn't have to wait for the CD/DVD drive buffer. You'll never use them, I can assure you ;)

And if you do use them, you'll have to downgrade if you want to mod it, and if you do mod it you'll never be able to use the disc cause it won't run, so you'll have to get a 'No-disc'.exe ...as you can see its just one big circle! :wacko:

Yep, that's true. They'd be bought to collect dust, :lol:.

But on the other hand there's SA-MP:

At the moment it always crashes, even on a proper install - no matter what executable I use. But as far as I can remember it worked when I still had my game disc (and that was inserted). I might be mistaking, but I think the disc must somehow be required for me, what is on there that could be missing? In the audio folder there are three subfolders, I guess it was the same amount as it must be.

Yeehah! GUESS WHAT? I've found the SA DVD, :lol:. It's been with my Counter Strike: Condition Zero CDs in their case, but don't ask me why, lol.

After I saw it in a local shopping mall, I decided to try the trilogy and if the SA version in there is moddable. Since most shops don't accept returns of opened disk-boxes, I need to wait till my mum brings it from work, they're less picky with that rule at the mall she works ;).

Ok, it's definitely v2.0.

I just installed it (stupid installation routine didn't put it where I wanted to, I told it to put it in "G:\Grand Theft Auto\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (unmodded)" and it has put it in a subfolder "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas" in there) and started the game for a quick try. On the main menu (the one at game start) it is labeled with v2.0, but I nevertheless selected "Start Game" -> "Load Game" and loaded my savegame where I had completed all missions. The loading screen appeared and after it was ready, the cutscene of a new game appeared. I wondered if I misclicked, so I retried - no, it starts a new game if loading an incompatible savegame. BUT I noticed the taxi then has nitro built in and jumping enabled (was a savegame where that was unlocked) so it seems to apply SOME of the settings of the savegame.

Gonna try a downgrader as a next step, but I doubt to have problems.

EDIT: Oh and finally the User Track Player works again :).

Sign in to follow this