Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Luikseer

Make a TARDIS?

Anybody wanna make a TARDIS? That'd be awesome... Just give it the controls of the Flying Dels and Time and Location Circuits...You'd have to custom animate the TT sequence though and make it spin whilst flying... But I think it would be amazing... Don't you?

It'd also have to have a landing mode... But It wouldnt move when it did...

I've wanted to try this for some time but lack the skills necessary to do it on my own...

There used to be a Doctor Who mod, started by neomatrix. Dunno what happened to the mod and neomatrix. No progress was made after they released a beta featuring the watch thing, and announced that they're moving it to the SA engine.

But that would be cool, though. Like choosing between instant and cutscene time travel, you can choose between interior view time travel or exterior view cutscene time travel.

SoW, I'm working on a Time Machine CLEO mod as well, based on the one from HG Wells' book and Simon Wells' movie. Like in the movie, you'd be able to see time accelerate and quick transitions between day and night while time traveling. I'm also going to make it realistic like having to set up the time machine before use via key presses instead of a single activation key, and being able to make the machine disappear forever if you activate it while outside it. I'm also making it so you could actually travel back or forward in time to go back or skip to missions you want to try out.

could you put it on the gta4 engine aswell (i have a trainer which allows you to move the hour forwards or backwards and the weather a light settings chang with it)

Only a trainer can do that at the moment. Alice scripting may or may not do the trick. Also, I don't have both Alice and GTA4 because of a certain problem.

Speaking of which, you just gave me an idea. :D Changing weather would be a nice feature in time traveling especially when you put the machine to full throttle. I'm going to use the same code as Del's "Nth Dimension" for the random weather. I am making this mod as close as possible to the movie version, while keeping it as a CLEO mod.

Like I said before, I may also plan to make an MPACK version, but the MPACK stuff would be for making it more realistic and adding more features like a "future era San Andreas" and some sub-missions. The main stuff like time traveling and the machine would still be CLEO.

I'm continuing the scripting of the mod tomorrow, and I MIGHT release a beta very soon at GTAGarage. I'll be using one of the cars as the time machine, until someone would make a Time Machine model for me, or when I in time make one by my own.

Back to topic: Just found out neomatrix's Doctor Who mod is dead. :mellow: I'll try contacting neomatrix, who was a member of this forum, hoping that he has a VC/SA model of the TARDIS. If he does have one, I might make a Doctor Who mini-mod as well, or, if neo allows it, resurrect his mod. :)

Back to topic: Just found out neomatrix's Doctor Who mod is dead. :mellow: I'll try contacting neomatrix, who was a member of this forum, hoping that he has a VC/SA model of the TARDIS. If he does have one, I might make a Doctor Who mini-mod as well, or, if neo allows it, resurrect his mod. :)

I found a TARDIS here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...0&hl=TARDIS

Hope it helps.

Epic!!! I've been looking for one everywhere... My biggest thing is I've wanted to do this on GTA4. Course my skills are crap... And I spent so much time last semester trying to learn I got put on academic probation... lol... Giving up on that for the moment... need to bring my grades up... But I can't tell you how much I would love to be able to combine my two favorite things... just like in my profile photo to the left... God I chills down my spine when I think about it...

Also... I think if you could have an interior view it would be awesome if you could just explore the inside of the Tardis... It's hundreds of rooms... It would be epic...

couldnt the spining in the flying part work by having the main tardis as the helicopter blades and have the player sat in the tardis still

Yeah, that would work very well... course you'd have to slow the spin of the blades... So the Tardis doesnt spin at 100 miles per hour... lol... the door opens, and your character's brains go flying out of it making a perfect spiral or blood as the thing spins... lol...

But yeah... that was already an idea i had... I just have absolutely no idea how to implement it... Which is why I'm asking you guys...

Sign in to follow this