Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
iMaster

Data Storage Device

I need help. My Mac is running out of memory, and with viruses becoming multiplatform I'd like to make backups, plus free more space for bootcamp.

So I began looking for good storage devices and ran into the Drobo Storage Robot, but it costs $900, counting its disks.

Second thought was an external HDD, like this one WD My Book

But my last external HDD from Prestigio has burnt out after extensive work, so I am afraid that my money will go to pot.

What would you recommend? I limit the price to 200$ (Two Hundred United States Dollars).

Like on a 24/7 basis?

I do. It's always working, I turn it off once a week.

Why dont buy a external HDD case [whitout hdd]

And buy a 1tb hdd

Well.. i buyed a 500GB internal hdd for my laptop

it costed only 70 bucks

You buyED it, I rest my case.

Well.. i buyed a 500GB internal hdd for my laptop

it costed only 70 bucks

We don't care. Stop replying with unhelpful stuff.

And anyway he wanted External not Internal.

Besides, cases must be decent as well. Plus, the hardware prices here are killer, it's cheaper to buy a PC here, rather than build.

PLUS, the one I want must be network attachable.

Edited by  iPro

Does anyone know a good LCD tablet? Cheaper than Cintiq, hopefully about 7 times cheaper...

Why dont buy a external HDD case [whitout hdd]

And buy a 1tb hdd

A 1TB hard drive is more than just an external USB hard drive you can connect to through a simple plug. The hard drive acts like a separate computer with its own motherboard, exhaust fans, LAN/USB ports and even processor. The installation itself is not that easy -- you'll need to install a software so the PC, which will initially detect it as another PC, will detect it as an external drive and allow access between your PC and the drive. If it is for a network, you'll need to install the software in ALL PC's that will be using it. Also, like any PC with an OS, you'll need to make your own user account before accessing it, and it even has a shared account. That means it's costly.

We're currently using a 2 TB Maxtor Central Axis network drive, which is as large as my own mini-PC, AND more expensive than my mini-PC. I'm still having a hard time having it connected to the net because of the requirements and sh*t. Seeing that he wants it to work 24/7, I'm guessing iPro wants it to work in the net.

Sign in to follow this