Sign in to follow this  
Guest rave

Saram 1.0 beta

Guest rave

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg

you might have to click the pictures for a better view of the program

Nice work. Is it a program launcher? And was it programmed via C++?

I used to make DOS programs back when I was in 5th grade via C++. I kept on studying and practicing C++ programming even though I sorta find it boring and time-wasting, and not as long as a year I was able to make my own mods/games. If you keep this up, you'll master the programming like me and be to a point that DOS programs for you are now basic/standard stuff. ;)

I'm currently working on an Half-Life mod. Having a hard time doing so because the features I implement are a bit more complicated than the ones you see in the current HL mods and I had to do it so that it's COMPLETELY BUG-FREE once it runs on the old GoldScr engine. This is my first big project in C++. I have little time right now but I had to do it. The mod will run on both the WON and Steam versions, and will act as a sort of "swan song" for the engine. If it gets tons of praise, I'll make a sequel in the Source engine. Because of my experience and growing interest in C++, it never gets old.

Request/Recommendation for your program (if it is really a launcher):

- Try making it so that users can add their own programs onto the list. If you can, have it so that the program will get info from the registries so users won't have to add the installed and registered programs one by one onto the list. Also, if you can, have it run on start-up with a special feature where users can just press a specific shortcut key combination to run a specific program from the list. If you have these implemented, Saram will be one nifty tool anyone can use.

It's the weirdest thing, Binary I was able to figure out with no problems (same with HTML and JavaScript), but C++ and GTA language I'm having trouble to understand. I don't get it maybe I'm wired differently, or maybe all my knowledge on astro-physics (through college) is overwhelming my brain.

maybe all my knowledge on astro-physics (through college) is overwhelming my brain.

Not here. I myself actually study AND apply astro-physics in my said Half-Life mod. I also applied other scientific stuff in the mod, that's why I said "bit more complicated".

Programming itself is more than just code, 'ya know. For instance, Del/Blue never had made those animations and some of the major features of the BTTF mod without having knowledge on trigonometry, calculus, physics and other crap he talked about while discussing about code in the forums before he left. :P

Guest rave

yes its a program launcher i have know idea how to use C++ i used notepad and a lot of my coding knowledge im going to start to learn how to make programs this week

anyways heres some more pictures

Image1-1.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image3-1.jpg

Edited by rave

Guest rave

i have 1 new picture its my new web browser another item for saram 1.0 service pack

Image1-2.jpg

Guest rave
kool, using c++?? great coding language mate, lots of features.

oh, and i see you've got to change the icon.

well im taking out the internet browser for now until i get something better then visual beta

Guest rave
Not really. I made 2 game engines using Visual C++.

lol if only you could make a gta game engine then we'd be some where :)

Guest rave
It's hard to mimic or if not match the code of the current GTA engine. I can do so however, but I don't have the time.

and your so bussy doing what?

and your so bussy doing what?

Preparing for college, attending driving classes, testing some betas, making my Half-Life mod (yes it's all C++), joining my family in our outings and stuff, and other crap.

It's summer here in our country. Since classes will start at July, a month or two later than the others, I got plenty of time (for my mod), but not enough time for stuff like these.

what about using black mesa scource?

?? (you're referring to my mod, right?)

My mod will be for Half-Life (the GoldSrc engine). I'm not going to move to the Source engine, and the mod is not in any way related to Black Mesa: Source. If you're referring to my mod Past Intensity, I decided to put it on hold for my 2 game projects I'm making in Game Maker 7 (one will be a Sonic fan game, the other will be the creative board game my friend made up using coins) and for my bigger mod project Ghosthunter Chronicles. I'm planning to make the mod in a way that it will be the "swan song" of Half-Life (for the fact that this won't be released anytime soon), so moving the mod to another engine will be a no-no.

Sign in to follow this