Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

PSP Firmware Problem

Does anyone here use custom firmware on their PSP? Someone (whoever he is) just updated our PSP's firmware without my knowledge via Network Update, and now my games can no longer be detected. When the reformatting solution didn't work, I found out after some research that the "legit" games we've bought from the same store where we've bought the PSP and were playing all along require a custom firmware, which the same store may have installed in our PSP without our knowledge to have those games working.

I've been desperately finding ways on how to make our PSP games work again 'cause I don't want to spend any more money buying UMDs of those games. According to what I've found, the only way to get around this problem is to downgrade from 5.02 to 1.50 then install the custom firmware. The install custom firmware part isn't a problem, but the downgrade solutions I've found in the net can render my PSP useless and beyond repair if I have the wrong solution used. There are 100%-effective solutions that require me a Pandora Battery and/or a Magic Memory Stick, but unfortunately any of the stores here in the country don't sell any of those.

I need help. If by chance you know such stuff about the PSP, helping me at this moment would be great.

um, well i use a PSP with custom firmware, but mine was premodded so ive never had to install custom firmware on it from scratch.

lol this is my 5th attempt to create a topic while sleepwalking. When I first saw this, I thought my cousin hacked my account again (which is impossible at his current situation). :lol:

TThere are 100%-effective solutions that require me a Pandora Battery and/or a Magic Memory Stick, but unfortunately any of the stores here in the country don't sell any of those.

I can just "Pandor-ize" the original Slim battery, which is possible, (I never thought of this while I was sleepwalking earlier lol) but I don't like taking that risk (yet) since I might damage the small "motherboard" or chipset inside it once I try cracking it open.

I'll still try looking at same store I've mentioned, hoping they have Pandora Batteries there. If not, I'll try asking the same people for help to fix the PSP, hoping they would know some solutions to fix it. If I'm out of luck on both, however, I'll just proceed with the "Pandor-ize" solution. Once I have a "Pandorized" battery pack, making myself a Magic Memory Stick out of an original Sony memory stick will be easy.

In another forum site where I've made the same topic, I got a reply suggesting the solution in the vid below would work without Pandora. But when I looked at it, it says it only works on Version 3.71M33. One of those who commented asked if it will work on a later version, and the person made the vid says it's "most probably". I'm curious if it will work at mine, too. I don't like bricking my PSP.

I bricked my psp that was fun. Never flash psp slim files to a fat's nand it doesnt work. I bought a datel tool battery from amazon for £15 free P&p. My orrig battery was an unmoddable one. Your gonna have to use a pandoras battery and a magic mem.

I bricked my psp that was fun. Never flash psp slim files to a fat's nand it doesnt work. I bought a datel tool battery from amazon for £15 free P&p. My orrig battery was an unmoddable one. Your gonna have to use a pandoras battery and a magic mem.

I already did. :P

I currently have a spare PSP battery and a memory stick. Like what my previous post tells, I "turned my secondary PSP battery to a Pandora Battery" and turned an original Sony memory stick with a nifty software. Just tried it after I figured the store never offer any Pandora Battery or the like and their stock of Magic Memory Sticks just ran out (I was expecting that 'cause MMS are cheaper than the original Sony ones).

My PSP's firmware is now back to good old CFW (custom firmware). It's currently a version 4.01 M33-2. I'm thinking of upgrading it to a 5.02 GEN-A (just in case someone else attempts to update it via Network Update AGAIN <_<), but I'm having second thoughts. For now, I'll stick to this version.

I'm having fun with my current CFW. I've just installed a completely-custom Xbox theme for my PSP, as well as old console emulators, namely GameBoy Advance, Sega Genesis and Nintendo DS emulators (lol DS got owned).

Sign in to follow this