Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
†BULLET†

Need some help with my CPU fan.

So the damn thing's gotten very loud. In any situation i'd buy a new one, but since i can't i have to resort to opening it up and oiling it. Would spindle oil work? I'm assuming grease that i use for skate bearings wouldn't work.

Edited by †BULLET†

i dont understand you would buy a new one but you wont cause you want to oil it which will do nothing because the fan only gets loud when the bearings are shot, just get a new fan, put some artic silver on top of the cpu, you dont even need to scrape the old stuff off, bolt the fan on and plug it in

you cant buy a 5$ fan....

look trust me when i say this, oiling the fan may remove the sound but if its loud that means the bearing is shot which means your fan will most likely just stop out of nowhere and overheat, then the computer will be fried, get a new fan on ebay its cheap and alot better than paying for a new pc/processor

Edited by ~Leaf~

Shipping from ebay would cost more than the fan itself (i live in Serbia), and fans are not exactly that cheap that i can just go out tomorrow and buy a new one. I just need a temporary solution for a short while till i can buy a half decent fan.

just sayin your fan is more than likely going to die soon and you wont have a computer

So you can get it working while you get a new one, you'll need a very thin oil. Try some Singer machine oil that's made for their sewing machines. Just one drop will do.

I wasn't planning on it being a permanent fix, just need it to run quieter for a few days until i can get my hands on a new cooler which will be DeepCool Gamma Archer (everything above is wayyy out of my budget). I'll also need to build styrofoam stands for my pc since it's vibrating my desk a bit (4 fan cooling system inside the case).

Edited by †BULLET†

Sign in to follow this