:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
oswi54

Unhandled Exception c000005

Hi! I'm writing my post here, 'cause bugs and troubleshooting is closed. I have Win 7. I installed mod and VC as an administrator. I tried to play it with XP compatibility and I tried methods with DEP or something like that and deleting .set file. Ok. Here my situation. I am playing BTTF:HV. After 10 minutes my game just freezes. It stops. And... nothing. Sometimes when i minimalize VC's window I see this "Unhandled Exception c0000005" sometimes not. my question is... how can I get rid of it?

i think vc its self only supports 512 mb vram not sure though you might try and play hv without a time machine for longer than 10 min and if it still works then its probably your graphics card not able to keep up

Edited by ~Leaf~
  • Like 1

Installing / Updating DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime is needed to run some older games on Vista / 7.

Does it happen specifically after 10 minutes of gameplay? Otherwise it's just one of those built in bugs that happen for no obvious reason whatsoever. The specs are generally fine on both machines for running the game, by the way.

Of course they are. Well. I tried to play a game without getting in the Delorean, and it's still crashing. Please, If you whenever releasing 0.2f, you should repair that crap. There's no reason for this.

I don't know if you are satnding allone with this issue (maybe more people can comfirm this?). Its not unlikely that some windows updates just fail to install if some other updatetes haven't been applied to the system already. This could have influence on the 'stability' of some software products (i.e. missing/wrong DLLs/files). I'd recommend to install an update pack from a website you can trust (i.e. WinFuture) (for 'any' windows version from xp to 7) to get "everything" instead of letting windows decide what you need.

Just like re-installing the hole game (maybe even cleaning the registry afterwards), it could also help to reinstall Windows; Even though I'd not recommend to do so as it might be a big pain for you and the problem could also be caused by a 'bad' driver (chipset, graphics or whatever).

I installed XP yesterday. Installed the game, mod. I'm running it. AND... CRAP! The same error! Impossible :/

Thats bad.. I assume you are not using same drivers for XP and 7 (I'm using xp drivers for audio on 7).

Maybe its caused by half broken / cheap hardware.

Bad (or incorrectly clocked) RAM can easily cause crashes. If you have more than one RAM brick on your board, you could try removing one and see if it still crashes.

Hey man, it isnt the ram, it isnt the VideoCard it is not your Motherboard, The Mod is the problem, that's why it is called "Mod" and thats why its called "0.2e" because its a beta release of the final product

I know that main.scm is a problem. I'm waiting for next version. If someone has solution for my problem please write it.

I know that main.scm is a problem. I'm waiting for next version. If someone has solution for my problem please write it.

the problem is not only main.scm, models have lots of problems too

The whole game is the problem. No version will ever be perfect. The engine is just crap.

dont throw down the engine where you work, GTAVC engine is good, is not the best one, but its just good. It has nice rendering Engine, What it makes crash more is Definitly, .col's and Main.scm, you have be carefull with those files.