:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTFModMachine

"Movie Accurate" Music - With a Twist!

Hello!

I have further dug into this matter and realized that the BTTF movie music has a higher pitch. Now, most people would overlook this fact, but I have replicated this effect in Audacity so that my BTTF music and the movie would be one and the same. Here's how:

Download Audacity:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Run it, import a music file like "The Power of Love", select the whole music file, and click "effects" on the toolbar and then click "change speed".

Slide the slider to the preset 2.464%, click OK and wait for it to apply the settings.

Presto! You have movie accurate music pitch!

That's all for now!

See you in the future!

-BTTFModMachine

Actually the music in the movie has the same pitch as what you get on CD/MP3 ect., unless your in a PAL country watching the DVD.

In a PAL country, DVD's run at 25fps or 50 fields if interlaced, which DVD usually is. However all film runs at 24fps, so what do they do? they speed up the film from 24fps to 25fps to make sure the frames fit in sync with the DVD frames, this is about a 4% speed up from the original playback, In sony vegas when im editing the movie for something, if i wanna bring the audio down to its original 24fps pitch, i either slow the audio down by -0.679 semitones in Vegas, or i grab the whole video/audio and physically slow it down from 25fps to 24fps, this may be different in other software though.

the reason NTSC playback in America and in other countries successfully reproduces the 24fps (or in this case 23.976fps) is explained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecine#2:3_pulldown

This is why i was a bit disapointed when i got the bluray, the bluray can accuratly playback the 24fps no matter what country your in, if you lived in an NTSC country then you would notice no difference in playback speed, if you live in PAL country however like me, then the jump from DVD to Bluray felt disapointing cos all the action scenes were slower, when in fact that's how the movie should have sounded and looked in the first place in cinemas.

Interesting...

Boy, that's some process...

I like your rhyming signature.

How about this one:

There's this guy named Darren McGriss

Who thought that ignorance was bliss

He thought that he'd try it

And started a riot

Then thought, "People should be gladder than this."

Edited by BTTFModMachine

Sign in to follow this