Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
~Leaf~

BTTF-LC Summary

Hello and welcome one and all, We are proud to announce the start of the Liberty City Forum category. thanks to Mike and the Hill Valley team.

Most of you know how the LC mod started, some of you may not. This topic is to serve a start of the new category.

let's get started.

back in 2003 there was talk online about a grand theft auto 3 back to the future mod, albeit being a bit hoax by lov1tt and futureboy 1955 they promised to make a mod much like hill valley is today, this mod was talked about two years before the start of hill valley, they even have a hosted website here

the first recorded conversation about making a real BTTF mod for GTA III was on this exact date

Nov 8 2009, 08:59 AM by none other than Ziero. the topic can be found here

after that topic was made you wouldn't see or hear anything about a gta III mod for a long time

during the dark time there was a mod arising over the horizon , Cleo for GTA III had been released and Ziero recruited some members on the Hill Valley website to work on a mod which was deemed impossible. this lead to working on several cleo scripts, first was a real time clock, then a speedometer, and lastly a very simple Nth dimension script because of a weather glitch when going over 24 hours, the mod was then showcased again on hill valley late 2009, the topic lasted quite a while because of the constant updates, and cracking into the games EXE to make custom code when we were close to our first release we already had lots of fans, and quite a few enemies, upon release of the now known 1.1A the topic was shut down and deleted due to hill valleys team not wanting to be affiliated with a mod that had copyright content, after many months of working underground, moddb, and our own website, as well as talking to the hill valley team members about their own copyright content such as the 0.2E intro video, we came to an agreement that LC was able to be talked about on hill valley, when lc was brought up, true fans of hill valley would raid the conversations with negative talk or generally immature actions, the mod soon went dark again on hill valley , Ziero resigned leadership the beginning of 2012 and handed over the mods ownership to me. I got very sick of the flame-wars and members fighting over the games and making it look like the teams hated each other when in all reality we are all very good friends. so I posted an open letter to any and all fans, as of today 1.1B and 0.2f can safely release near eachother without an explosion somewhere else in the world.

it would be good to see this mod advance even further, just like hill valley seems to these days. are there the same hardcoded limits in gtaiii as in vice city?

after hacking the EXE we were able to remove just about every limit in the game.\

we even added car slots for any custom vehicles.

Edited by ~Leaf~

well since vice city was a different build version almost all the points in the games code was changed, we didnt get too far into adding car slots but we did remove a datablock that made extremely large files in the exe break the game, most of lc was able to be ported to VC but we did it really badly and it was even less stable than 0.2e we'll be trying again soon though.

i was wondering if you could post a list of features that are in your mod already, or planned to be added which would greatly help in my decision to actually install gta iii again.

Sign in to follow this