Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
hscitpe

SA Modding questions

Hey everyone, I've been having a problem with GTA SA lately and I was wondering if someone could help.

If anyone saw my other topic then you know I'm trying to add Trance's Telltale D as a whole new time machine. Well I put the wheels and struts and things of that sort in the IMG archive and gave each one custom model numbers in animation.ide, but whenever I go to start the game it crashes and tells me there was an error with veh_mods.ide.

But that's not all. I remove the TellTale lines from animation.ide and the game starts right up. So I tried putting the 1931 Hill Valley in, but the model numbers Trance provided conflicted with existing ones, so I changed them. Same problem. I went and check veh_mods.ide and those model numbers don't conflict with mine.

This isn't the first time I've had to change model numbers to make different mods work. Trance and I went through a whole big thing a couple of weeks ago, and it boiled down to model numbers. After a quick change everything worked just fine.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

As far as I know, the error message SALA gives you doesn't tell you which file caused a problem but which file was loaded before the problem occured. So veh_mods.ide might be completely OK.

I'd suggest you try increasing values in salimits.ini (maybe ColModels).

Sorry, I'm just recommending something I don't really understand. Anyway, you might wanna try to increase the value by the sum of models you have added. Hope it helps..

Sign in to follow this