Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
ELBdelorean

Telltale Games Asking For Input On Upcoming BTTF Game

I was browsing through TellTale forums and found a post that tells us what to expect to be considered canon or not, and more or less answering the question "Is this supposed to be a BTTFIV?"

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17811

Post # 17 by Sinaz20, member of the design team.

To answer this question without treading over NDA lines... it goes a little something like this:

I think it is safe to assume based on the survey that we are not looking at retreading the movie plot-lines.

Therefore, considering that there is no additional time machine for Doc and Marty to have adventures with before the initial Twin Pines introduction of the DeLorean (within their local timeline of events, I mean,) these games could only ever be within the realm of sequels-- as there is no interesting prequel material without the invention of time travel.

As with any licensor, we are bound by guidelines, rules, and cannon that the property owners consider essential to the license. Even if we create new characters, they have to be approved by the Bob Gale/Universal machine, who so far have been very excited by the ideas we have been presenting them, and have been tossing equally exciting "why not's" back at us. We are pretty much ignoring the cartoons, for what it's worth, and focusing simply on the cannon as presented in the movies and creating new cannon with the blessing of Bob Gale.

Ultimately, something I emphasize almost every time I respond to a thread here, those of us working on Back to the Future are passionate about the movies. We don't want to make a game that features random, unknown characters driving a time travelling Mini Cooper.

For us, it's all about Doc, Marty, Biff, Einstein and a DeLorean-- and the family-based drama they deal with throughout time in Hill Valley. We're not doing Bill and Ted, or Terminator, or Hot Tub Time Machine... all great flicks, though.. of a different ilk.

S'alright? S'alright! ;)

Sign in to follow this