Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Handofdoom71

My band played our second real gig last night

We got a crowd close to 1,000 people this time :) We played out-doors this time, right outside in the park area of the Rec-Center we played for our first gig. We got several comments from people, on how good we sounded. Said we should continue playing, we have a fantastic career ahead for us. We continued the tradition of playing a tribute set, I do have to say we could work better with a set like this than we could with our KISS set. We had to tune up so much for the KISS set, we know THESE way better, and we play better tuned WAY low, in the spirit of the real songs.

Setlist:

Symptom of The Universe

After Forever

Fairies Wear Boots

Into the Void

Snowblind

Electric Funeral

Dirty Women

Supernaut

Embryo/Children of the Grave

Medley of Hand of Doom/Sweet Leaf/Hole in the Sky

Orchid/The Wizard

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Lord of this World

Sleeping Village intro/Black Sabbath

Behind the Wall of Sleep

This set was pretty good, flowed better than the KISS set, I have to say that. I say to say, though, chopping the Orchid intro from Lord of this World and leading it into the Wizard was a BRILLIANT decision. It sounded so good with the acoustic guitar leading into the Harmonica... fading into it. Once again, a BRILLIANT decision. And taking the Sleeping Village intro leading into Black Sabbath was PERFECT. I had thought that it flowed good with Children of the Grave, but with Black Sabbath it sounded SO much better. Closing with Behind the Wall was a bit unsuspected. We were planning on closing with Black Sabbath, but this was kind of a last minute decision. I think I will keep my position on Guitar and lead vox, since our first show we have switched drummers. Nathan left, to be in some other band. We sound so much more established with him gone, his lost, right? :P

do you have an footage from your gigs cause i would love to hear your band.

do you have an footage from your gigs cause i would love to hear your band.

We are filming nothing as of late. These cover gigs are only temporarily, until we start playing our own songs. Then, we will film. That will be pretty soon :)

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! :) I think I might have found a video of me playing in a Sabbath tribute band from 5 years ago!!!!!!!! This does look like me, I was 16 in 2003. I am not sure though this was when I was still in the band, they did get some guy named Kyle on Bass when I left. But, I did play Bass at the time and it does look like me. I am not sure though if this was shot at the point when I was still in the band. Well, it does look like me on Bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZKeV2TJJA

Edited by Handofdoom71

thats was pretty good.

thanks X, except now I can play circles around how I could then. I am positive now, that is me in the vid. I play Guitar now, and sing vox.

if you find anymore vids or when you start recording them let me know. id love to see more.

Sign in to follow this