:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
carloscarlin

XP Service Pack 3

i just want to ask some questions about it:

1_What changes in SP3 in relation with SP2 ?

2_How much it cost?

3_Do it worth the buy?

4_Are you happy with it?

5_Do it have some problems?

Service Pack 3

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) was released to manufacturing on April 21, 2008 and to the public via both the Microsoft Download Center and Windows Update on May 6, 2008.

It began being automatically pushed out to Automatic Update users on July 10, 2008. A feature set overview which details new features available separately as standalone updates to Windows XP, as well as backported features from Windows Vista has been posted by Microsoft. A total of 1,174 fixes have been included in SP3. Service Pack 3 can be installed on systems with Internet Explorer versions 6 or 7, and Windows Media Player versions 9 and above. Internet Explorer 7 is not included as part of SP3.

New features

* Turns black hole router detection on by default

* Network Access Protection client

* Windows Imaging Component

* Credentials Security Service Provider

* Descriptive Security options in Group Policy/Local Security Policy user interface

* An updated version of the Microsoft Kernel Mode Cryptographic Module that is FIPS 140-2 certified

* Installing without requiring a product key during setup for retail and OEM versions

its a free update. havent had any problems with it. seems ok, havent noticed a huge diff over SP2 but i dont use XP much anymore so i cant really say

Sign in to follow this