Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Kocher

Hover Boards don't work on water?

hey guys I was wondering if there any way to make the hover boards in vice city to not like drown in water. I mean I know that in the movies the boards aren't supposed to work on water unless you've got power, but they at least float, is there any way to have this in Vice City? Maybe at least like this video in San Andreas.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

oh ok :( that sucks. well speaking of hover boards do you guys think in 2f you can mkae the levitation effect a few feet higher? I apologize for being on the hoverboard discussion a lot, But I have a lot of ideas when it comes to features of 2f.

sounds great so far. but, since the mod team still has to find out if there's a way to make the "skateboard/hoverboard in the weapon slot" thing come real, I don't think we can expect this to happen before 0.7/0.8

Is there any way the game "Bully" may help. Its made by rockstar using the SA engine and there is a skateboard that is kept in a weapon slot. At least could it be sorted for the SA even if it wont work in VC because eventually its all going to ported over anyway.

It is possible to have the skateboard kept as a weapon. It's been done before in SA. In this case, the skateboard replaces both the bike and any of the melee weapons like the baseball bat.

well Idk about the weapons, but I'm talking about the levitation effect. I'm curious cause in this video the board's actually not touching the ground.

It may look like it's not touching the ground, but technically it actually does. The hoverboard has invisible wheels -- note the skid marks when you turn at "high" speed. lol

yah I knew it actually is, and that the wheels are invisible, but I'm asking is there any way to make the wheels bigger like grim said.

Okay I came up with an idea. you guys know how you cant make the hover boards not sink on water. well I have sort of an idea. If you noticed the water for the pools in the houses of city, well they're basically models with no collision. Is it possible to make a code that can replace that model with an edited model (with a different name, of course) that has a col once the player gets on the bike. Think about it, if the water has a solid col, the hover board can ride on it.

don't get me wrong, I would definetly attempt to make this code myself, but I can't make cols, so that's my problem there, I'm sure many of the mod team members know how.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

If the water had a col then the player can easily walk on it, and drive anything else on it

you can easily put in the code, a command that tells the code that if the player gets off the bike replace it back to the way it was, water with no collision.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

Oh i see what you mean, idk if thats possible, i think it is

hmm, sounds plausable, so your basicly telling the game to load a COL when on a scooter or bike vehicle, but say if you get off the board while on water, suddenly the COL is unloaded and you fall into the water, BUT, what if your being chased by the police! then they will drive on water too, unless you get off the board. UNLESS, there was some way to create a tiny BOX COL just under the board that follows you wherever you are on water, so technically you'll always be driving on something... or is that not possible due to the physics of the game? anyway, i just wanted to say it was a great idea :thumbs:

Thank you.

Well, you can easily extract the model and txd of the water then rename the model and txd(example:water2) and add a col with the edited model, that way you can tell the game to replace the water(no col) with the water(with col) when the player gets player gets on the hover board. then if the player gets off, replace the water(with col) with the water(with out col)

the code could look something like this. Keep in mind the name of "#man_wtrftr_3aCOL" was made up to demonstrate the edited #man_wtrftr_3a that has a collision file.

:HFOW

thread 'HFOW' 

:HFOW_1

if and

00DE:   player $PLAYER_CHAR driving_vehicle_type #Faggio 

else_jump @HFOW_2

03B6: replace_model_at -303.113 -581.295 11.4679 radius 80.0 from #man_wtrftr_3a to #man_wtrftr_3aCOL 

jump @HFOW_1

:HFOW_2

if not

00DE:   player $PLAYER_CHAR driving_vehicle_type #Faggio  

else_jump @HFOW_1

03B6: replace_model_at -303.113 -581.295 11.4679 radius 80.0 from #man_wtrftr_3aCOL  to #man_wtrftr_3a 

jump @HFOW_2

you can be specific towards what vehicle is being used that trigers the model swap.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

The hover boards replace Bikes. The best you can do is reduce the sink factor. But you still will die.

or just replace a boat throw in a few lines of code and it should work like the flying delorean... s**tty but it will work

Sign in to follow this