:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Microman

Question about "Notice Regarding the future release "

So all the progress in the forum "Modeling" is not for the 02.f ?

Excuse me for my bad english

Correct.

Think of it like 0.2d with the Hill Valley in the sky add on. That's how we will be offering future releases up until the point we reach 0.3 and can delete all of Vice City and replace it with a complete Hill Valley map.

so the full map will still be included in the game but only after 3.0 once you delete the VC map? Just making sure I understand.

0.3 = Full Hill Valley Map, no more Vice City

0.2x = Map not included in release, but will be made available as an add on (same way HV in the sky was made available for 0.2d)

what about Hill Valley features like lightning run?

Will they be removed? Or kept in to make them work if the map is in? Or moved to a point in Vice City (e.g. Starfish Island, I'd like it there :D ) to keep the code?

That will be left in, it's still to be determined if we'll relocate the clocktower lightning strike to Vice City.

When we finish Hill Valley, for 0.3, it will be as large as Vice City, right? It would be horrid just to have such tiny space to run around and time travel...

Also, would the Garage in Texaco station act as a Pay n' Spray, or another one of them Del garages?

That will be left in, it's still to be determined if we'll relocate the clocktower lightning strike to Vice City.

I hope you do this, I am sure theres a place on the Vice City map that can stand in for this feature.

so the crashes are caused by the clock tower, hmmmm, interesting

Something tells me ad has an idea. I've been working with Moo Mappper to try to have only Hill Valley, but I can't figure it out just yet.

Something tells me ad has an idea. I've been working with Moo Mappper to try to have only Hill Valley, but I can't figure it out just yet.

i say, bring HV into normal map space (delete some vc) and check the code and bam, 0.2e is stable.

but how to move hill valley? i cant do that. anytime i move/copy big stuff it crashes

so the crashes are caused by the clock tower, hmmmm, interesting

No. It's caused by the addition of HV map and the high poly cars. The game engine runs out of memory and crashes. This is why ER map and the bulk of the HV area is going to be removed and all the cars (minus Del's and trains) are going to be reduced in quality.

i say, bring HV into normal map space (delete some vc) and check the code and bam, 0.2e is stable.

but how to move hill valley? i cant do that. anytime i move/copy big stuff it crashes

Do you guys keep forgetting, the map isn't done...

Do you guys keep forgetting, the map isn't done...

Yeah, but I think if we got rid of VC then at least game would be stable and we'd have the Hill Valley we know and love, even if it's "Crude and not to scale" as Doc would say.

If we removed most/all of Vice City and left the currently completed Hill Valley in it's place, the game would get real old real fast, I'm sure most people would exit the game after 5 minutes of driving up and down courthouse square.

Hill Valley is the reason why game is not stable, not the VC... <_<

If we removed most/all of Vice City and left the currently completed Hill Valley in it's place, the game would get real old real fast, I'm sure most people would exit the game after 5 minutes of driving up and down courthouse square.

I agree with you 100% on that.

Hill Valley is the reason why game is not stable, not the VC... <_<

No. It's VC that's unstable, not HV. If the engine wasn't crap, we wouldn't be having these problems now :P.