:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mini-Me

Back to the Future: Return to San Andreas, Nerdmans mod?!

Moddb link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/back-to-the-futu...-to-san-andreas

Summary:

In 1991, a man named Carl Johnson came to San Andreas after the Death of his mother, and had the most dramatic journey of his life. 30 Years later, in 2021, his Grandson Jacen Johnson, has by mistake stumbled across a Delorean Time Machine, not only that, he also went back in Time to 1991, about 2 Days before his Great Grandmother Died, but the Time Machine was Damaged, now he must get home, but he need to find the guy who build it, so he can fix it, and not interfear with the Events that are soon to come.

Mission Info:

Their will be 126 Missions, in most of the missions you will see JJ trying to find the builder( Emmett L. Brown). Some will be missions that are during the orignal San Andreas Missions.

How Delorean Was Damaged:

It was Damaged upon reentry, after stopping in front of the train tracks, which in 2021 were no longer used, JJ was able to get out of the car in time, for a train came and smashed into the delorean on the side, crubling the delorean across the area, thank heavenly it was on its side towards the train and not forwards( like in BTTF PT3) or it would be in peices.

And now I want to start a discussion about that...

The story sounds quite good, but to my mind, either the 126 missions wont get done or most of them will be too close to original San Andreas ones and don't really fit into that content.

Additionally I think he might use the codes of the "GTA SA: Back to the Future Mini Mod", did he ask for a permission (I'm interested in knowing, if he uses these codes ;) )?

All in all I think he set especially with the 126 missions unreachable high aims for himself (and a team around him?) and I don't think this mod will survive very long...

How d'you think about it?

This is unbelieveable. :o

Completely failed. In fact, if he did, he will be stealing BTTF HV properties.

You do know that is Nerdmans mod which has already failed.

Erm, Nerdman or nrdmanreturns posted on Dec 20 2008, 8:46am the last time an answer...

And it doesn't sound like he gave it up...

Edited by Mini-Me

Yea GS and I determined that the models he was using were stolen, not from carlos (since their not as good) but from some other modder.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

That because he is a cheap a$$ hol*. <_<

Edited by JohnyMan :P

He did take them, look at the images he uploaded they have "GTAInside.de" logo on them.... (One of them has it anyway)

He did take them, look at the images he uploaded they have "GTAInside.de" logo on them....

rofl2.gif

Holy cr*p... I can't stop laughing lol.gif

No way I'm gonna say good luck. He is gonna totally fail.

Edited by JohnyMan :P

if he actually did finish it, it would most likely be more buggy than 0.2e. I mean he is most likely too inexperienced to make a full conversion mod.

He's an idiot.

lol this reminds me of a childish dude who got kicked out of an online community because of his childish attempts. Some months later when he tried creating his own game (we use a certain software that time which helps us create games with simple programming) and we criticized him for it, we were surprised it was a success. Even though his project is canceled now, he earned his own fan base, which is still active 'till now.

Well good luck to nerdman if ever the same thing happens to him. I mean, he may have everything he needed -- the locations, the characters (he may create a more precise appearance of CJ), etc. I'm not sure if he even knows how to code, but by the looks of it he's pretty sure he knows how.

When I saw the released date (Coming Jan 15, 2009), I wasn't sure if he'll ever succeed, but then I also saw him mention the word "BETA" in the description.

Either he'll fail or succeed in this. Ever since the experience I had above, I'm not sure myself. Either way, by the looks of it, he still doesn't know that using stuff from other modders, like models and codes, is stealing not borrowing, but I and the rest of you guys aren't even sure if he'll plan to use it in his mod without permission, or plan to ask permission from others before the release.

I dunno what's going to happen with him.

But the story is interesting. He can do stuff for the mod that would help explain stuff (in an unofficial way, since this is coming from a user, not R*) in the original San Andreas, like how Truth got his "goods" when CJ was still not around to help him out, how the "Black Project" (a jet pack) ever started and even how the blind Chinese dude in Las Venturas became blind. It is possible that "Jacen Johnson" started such things, or got involved in the causes of the events, himself.

If he ever proves to all of us that he can do the mod without FAIL marks, I will help him out in the plot of his story, even through all of the bad stuff he has done to the BTTF:HV community.

I just saw the "126 missions" thing and I'm not sure if he'll ever succeed that. But it is in fact easy to make missions with people talking via subtitles if you get the hang of things, especially with CLEO around.

cleo doesn't make doing the subtitles any easier. It'll still be using the main.scm code for that.

I made 7 missions (having one same plot) myself using only subtitles for the speeches with CLEO3 alone. Took me only few hours to do so.

and the same thing you do in cleo3 can be done in main.scm editing.

you do know that like 90% of cleo3 coding can be done in main.scm, right?

and the same thing you do in cleo3 can be done in main.scm editing.

you do know that like 90% of cleo3 coding can be done in main.scm, right?

I know. I started main.scm editing way before I began modifying the scripts of my downloaded CLEO mods. :P

It's just that these 7 missions are optional -- I just made a compilation of mods to make the game look like a Heroes game where CJ learns he has special posthuman abilities and he has to look for 7 people to teach him those abilities -- so main.scm editing wasn't really necessary.

still, cleo3 isn't always easier then main.scm =P

I know too, but modifying the main.scm (to me) is considered total conversion modding, and I'm not interested in making TC mods at the moment, especially after the screw-ups I made once again in my ongoing mod project.

you and me both ^^

lol you were lucky your mod made it this far with your codes. For me, even though C++ is heavier code work than SCM coding, my mod is still not in a good shape for a public beta release. It's also too early to announce it to ModDB, either. In addition to that, my Half-Life is screwing-up again so mod testing is sorta impossible at the moment.

Sign in to follow this