:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mini-Me

Back to the Future: Return to San Andreas, Nerdmans mod?!

Well, SCM coding is the primordial soup of all coding. It is so simple, but it's simplicity makes it very inefficient and requires more code to do simple stuff, but it's easy to grasp.

I hope you guys don't mind if I butt in but it's weird, I have trouble understanding the R* code. I have a pretty firm grasp of C++ (not enough to do actual coding though), maybe it's because the R* code is still new to me.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

R* is simpler then c++. Theres absolutely no object orientated program needed, no functions, etc. Of course, that kinda makes it harder to code....

I'm still glad with my "Heroes Mod Compilation" though. I'm finally learning SCM coding that I really made CJ a posthuman (an "evolved human") in the game. He currently has the following special abilities (you'll have to go through those special missions to learn them one by one; most of them are modified scripts of the original mods):

1. Spontaneous Regeneration = It's just CJ having the ability to heal himself in a fast rate. The healing starts 5 seconds after CJ gets hurt. If he gets killed, he'll regenerate back to life within 10 seconds, but this occurs only once. In the second time around, CJ will end up in the hospital.
  2. Fly = Simple. You fly. Like Superman. Only a bit slower than him.
  3. Telekinesis = By definition, I can move stuff (and people) with my mind...and toss them away to oblivion. I can also make the vehicles I ride go faster (nitros becomes optional, any ship can be a speed boat, and lift-offs while piloting planes are a piece of cake) and even have the ability to drive on walls and ceilings without falling.
  4. Clairvoyance = It's much like the free-roam camera in Camhack -- CJ stays where he is while the camera roams. You can locate people easier this way.
  5. Teleportation = It teleports you to the marker you made in the map. If you're riding a vehicle (cars, planes, ships, trains), you'll teleport with it. You'll also teleport with allies (when they're following you).
  6. Time Travel = An easier version of BTTF mod time travel. CJ can time travel at will. If he's riding a car, or being followed by an ally, those will be time traveled along with him.
  7. Time-stopping = It's actually just making the game extremely slow, to the point that a realtime second is as slow as 3 or 4 minutes. Apart from everything else, CJ is completely unaffected and can move in a normal speed.
  8. Precognition = It's the ability of CJ to have visions of the future. This is actually just a bunch of screenshots of CJ doing missions, but they are helpful during a mission. It gives players clues on what to do next and what will happen next.
  9. Weather Alteration = I can change the weather with my mind. There'll be a menu displayed for selecting between weather. At first, CJ will randomly select weather, but as you learn more abilities, this menu will be unlocked, with only just some of the selectable weather, and later on you unlock the rest of the weathers as you progress. I tested it once and I caused a sandstorm in Los Santos that lasted for 2 weeks.
  10. Energy Manipulation = CJ can cause its environment fry with extreme heat, cause a drought, make it rain ice (hail), cause a lightning to strike on any location he wants, or simply fire away a vaporizing energy from his own hands.
  11. Nuclear Detonation = I can cause a nuclear explosion at will...from my own body. Everyone within a huge radius will be killed and/or destroyed -- peds will have their heads explode and cars explode upon contact with the nuclear explosion. CJ is left completely unharmed.
  12. Illusion = CJ can fool anyone by making them think he's someone else. He'll also be able to create illusions to fool people, like making a car appear in front of a criminal where if he ever steals it the car disappears from his view. I tested it once, and I completely confused the cops with the "other CJ".
  13. Cloning = By definition, CJ can create a clone of himself, sometimes having the same abilities (and cheats used) as the player. I tried harming my clone with STINGLIKEABEE cheat enabled, and it works. Just one punch at me from the clone, and "look at him go!" lol

I also making a "Sylar mod" right now, where a serial killer will be looking for posthumans (humans with special abilities; so that also includes CJ) to kill them, get a hold of their brains and take away their powers one by one. That means instant death to those who have their powers "stolen" by the killer. If he gets a hold of CJ, he can only take one power for every murder attempt. The more powers he take, the harder he gets.

Once CJ learns Spontaneous Regeneration, he won't be killed instantly by the serial killer after taking one ability from him, but note that he has to learn this ability before the serial killer attempts to kill the one teaching you the ability, which would ALWAYS be the case for every Heroes mission. Otherwise, since that person is dead and no longer available to teach him how to heal himself, you'll skip to the next Heroes mission without this ability and CJ will be left vulnerable while the killer has that ability himself.

His first gained power, like Sylar's, will be Telekinesis, but his Telekinetic ability will be more unique compared to CJ's. If he kills another Telekinetic, which will be among the posthumans CJ will meet in the Heroes missions, his telekinetic ability will be hell more powerful that he'll be able to move more than one object at once. There'll also be a chance that he'll be a boss you'll need to fight and kill during the Heroes missions. If you defeat him, there won't be anymore posthuman slaughter and you'll be awarded $500,000 and all ordinary skills (respect, sex appeal, etc.) at max. If you're killed, however, he won't only take away all of your powers but also one of your girlfriends, who happens to be a posthuman as well, will be killed by him. :P

can you do Matt's ability? lol, jk

you should try to do Daphne's ability, but i dunno if it's possible

Telepathy? Dunno how would that work, but I can have it so that CJ can find out who's coming. Telepathy may act as a "person detector" -- if the serial killer is nearby, CJ can read his mind before he gets there, find out that it is him and have him on the map/radar, for the player to see. Also, since Telepathy also includes manipulating the brain of one person, I can have it so that I can influence a certain group of people to do something, perhaps help me fight back the police, or cause the biggest riot on history, or recruit more Grove Street members? :lol:

As for Daphne's, there is a code in the Superman CLEO mod that I can try, but that isn't fast enough. I still have Slowing Down Time ability. CJ can be hell faster than Daphne.

With all of these "special abilities", CJ can be considered a empathic, like Peter Petrelli from Heroes. CJ has the power of empathy -- the ability to understand and mimic the abilities of others. The person with such ability have his DNA automatically re-sequence accordingly to the ability mimicked to give himself that ability (according to the whole theory thing in the TV series, the one giving the characters their powers are actually their unique human genes, simply just making them "evolved humans" than super-humans, and making these powers as simply "natural special abilities"). In SA, I made it so that CJ, like Peter in the TV series, has to copy and learn the abilities first from people who have special abilities before using them.

Are there going to be animations for these abilities, like the changing weather could be the stance that Moses had when he parted the Red Sea (ie: Charlton Heston moses)

0,1020,163861,00.jpg

Are there going to be animations for these abilities, like the changing weather could be the stance that Moses had when he parted the Red Sea (ie: Charlton Heston moses)

No, unless I find an animator. At the moment, the weather changing is instant -- after you select a weather, the weather switches to that what is selected. Also, since this is changing weather with CJ's mind, I may only need a minor animation for the changing of weather. Also I'm planning to do it so that there'll be a lag during the changing of weather.

Example of Teleportation and Weather Alteration: (Sand Storm in Los Santos)

sandstorm_sa.jpg

(Also note the boat and the marker :lol:)

I still can't believe nerdman is making a mod. Lol he steal stuff and then just simply do what he wants. Shi*

I still can't believe nerdman is making a mod. Lol he steal stuff and then just simply do what he wants. Shi*

He wants to. Besides, we're not even sure yet if Nerdman is going to ask permission or not, or already have asked permission. If he ever did try to release the mod with the models, he won't be able to release it at all, with ModDB in the way.

I don't think he got any permissions.

Than why'd you post? <_<

Awesome.. :lol: :lol: lol

Edited by JohnyMan :P

and the same thing you do in cleo3 can be done in main.scm editing.

you do know that like 90% of cleo3 coding can be done in main.scm, right?

Blue, nice to see you again ;)

[inserted EDIT:

Just saw sadly that you finally decided to completely leave the mod. :(

I hope that does not mean the end for new "high-quality-codings " :(]

There comes one thing to my mind:

Is it possible to use CLEO-opcodes in main.scm when having CLEO installed?

I don't think so, but it'd be a good idea (especially for KR-mod since there are multiple *.cs files, now ;) )

BTW: I Just found yet another KR-mod (http://gta-action.planet-multiplayer.de/dlm/download.php?id=3313 (German site)).

Haven't tested it, yet, but Ski Mode sounds nice ;)

Edited by Mini-Me

The mod page says "The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation."

Nerdman fails <_< . This should go into the Fail Song song.

Blue, nice to see you again ;)

[inserted EDIT:

Just saw sadly that you finally decided to completely leave the mod. :(

I hope that does not mean the end for new "high-quality-codings " :(]

There comes one thing to my mind:

Is it possible to use CLEO-opcodes in main.scm when having CLEO installed?

I don't think so, but it'd be a good idea (especially for KR-mod since there are multiple *.cs files, now ;) )

BTW: I Just found yet another KR-mod (http://gta-action.planet-multiplayer.de/dlm/download.php?id=3313 (German site)).

Haven't tested it, yet, but Ski Mode sounds nice ;)

he was talking about subtitles in missions. As seen in VC, thats easily done in main.scm <.<

But the story is interesting. He can do stuff for the mod that would help explain stuff (in an unofficial way, since this is coming from a user, not R*) in the original San Andreas, like how Truth got his "goods" when CJ was still not around to help him out, how the "Black Project" (a jet pack) ever started and even how the blind Chinese dude in Las Venturas became blind. It is possible that "Jacen Johnson" started such things, or got involved in the causes of the events, himself.

If he ever proves to all of us that he can do the mod without FAIL marks, I will help him out in the plot of his story, even through all of the bad stuff he has done to the BTTF:HV community.

I just saw the "126 missions" thing and I'm not sure if he'll ever succeed that. But it is in fact easy to make missions with people talking via subtitles if you get the hang of things, especially with CLEO around.

Thank you, I think???

Can I ask permission for the making of this mod, using alittle bit of the GTA SA Mini Mod, forgot to ask, and if you don't mind I have learned to know whats inmature, and whats not.

Yes im Nerdman, I just want permission and im off, by the Way thank you, and you guys can still not like me, I always ingore the insults, well merry christmas and a happy new year, and I forgive you GS.

And yes im an idoit, I finally realized it, and was very inmature, and I realized why you banned me, now before you ban me again, just tell me if I got permission or not.

Edited by Watcher4

No you have not got permission :) because it's not your mod then is it? YOU SIR, FAIL!

No you have not got permission :) because it's not your mod then is it? YOU SIR, FAIL!

Very true, by the way, I still think I should say sorry, this one mod I won't fail, if you don't remember, I started this idea in the summer, and I have not failed it since, basicly it is a mix of San Andreas and BTTF, with the story idea of BTTF part 1, getting back to your own time, as well as JJ affecting the past, and causing a paradox.

He did take them, look at the images he uploaded they have "GTAInside.de" logo on them.... (One of them has it anyway)

Actully, I asked them, now im asking you guys since I justed edited the BTTF SA Mini Mod Cleo3 scripts with Sanny Builder.

Sign in to follow this