:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

Blue's GTA4 BTTF Mini Mod

Well maybe someone will make a mod with ice in it. Like the snow mod for SA. Then you can either ask permission to use it or create your own from what you learned about that one, but it's just wishful thinking. And the electricity sounds cool, I know just where you'd implement it too (clocktower mission and/or the 99 firetrails scene)

Someone IS working on a Snow mod for GTA4. Look for it at GTAForums. It's mainly based on textures. Perhaps we can use textures to resemble the ice on the DeLorean then add in the "smoke" as effects.

Link:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=386654&st=0

It won't look that great however, unless there's a way to increase transparency of the textures, which I strongly doubt gta4 has any support for <.<

otherwise, you have a delorean thats heavily iced one second, and completely clear the next. Just a bit weird looking. At least the smoke isn't that way ^^

ok, just started modding gta4 like 20 minutes ago (been busy with other stuff). So I'll keep you guys updated. At least the script recognizes that i'm in a car ^^

you should see how it handles it compared to sanny <.<

and some more research: Alice cannot spawn anything in it's current state, so you have to find yourself the car.

It won't look that great however, unless there's a way to increase transparency of the textures, which I strongly doubt gta4 has any support for <.<

otherwise, you have a delorean thats heavily iced one second, and completely clear the next. Just a bit weird looking. At least the smoke isn't that way ^^

Good point. I was thinking of an alternate texture for the DeLorean, but then I later thought it will be weird for that texture to suddenly disappear or get replaced after the icing time.

Speaking of which, any progress on your mini-mod for VC?

been busy today, and thought i'd take a crack at gta4 instead. Besides, VC still has 0.2e......while GTA4 has.....nothing

yay, first time travel experiment was a success....but i need doc to fix the time circuits x.x

EDIT: Well, as of now, you can drive a car to a certain speed and the time will change. Having problems clearing the area of cars and peds (Mainly because i don't know the parameters), so it's a lot of guess and check, as well as restarting the game (which has a very long load time).

Alice is still missing, or renamed, lots of stuff I need, so it takes a while to sort through the 1,993 functions (or lines) x.x

Besides, VC still has 0.2e......while GTA4 has.....nothing

The frequent 0.2e crashes makes me anticipate more on the VC mini-mod.

Speaking of which, I'm also starting GTA4 modding hoping I might help you out here. I've been ever since doing LUA scripting since I started making Garry's Mod add-ons (they're also LUA scripts; my best work so far is the Chaos Emerald SWEP Pack, on which I'm having second thoughts if I should release it), so I hope my experience would help again this time. LUA for me is less serious. :P

don't worry about it, i got it ^^

lua's really really really really easy and a lot more flexible then gta code.

That's my point. LUA is easy to learn if you're used to coding. I learned LUA by just knowing C++, C# and a little of JAVA.

I bet we'll have a better BTTF mod in GTA4.

Speaking of which, since I'm also anticipating a time travel support for all VC missions in the VC mini-mod, can you do the same in the GTA4 mod?

expect an alpha release tonight (few hours later) It will have

-time travel in any car (if fast enough)

-6 hour time skip

-Wanted level should go away (haven't tested yet)

Thats about it. No white flash, no effects, no sound. Still working on clearing the area around you of cars and people.

Hence: Alpha.

well you did just start on it, and a lot of us (or at least me) don't have the appropriate hardware to run the game. Well at least it's great that your keeping up with coding the new GTA releases

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

What's the point of that, especially when Spiderman 2 used the GTA engine. Wouldn't it just be easier to mod the Spiderman games that used the GTA engine?

What's the point of that, especially when Spiderman 2 used the GTA engine. Wouldn't it just be easier to mod the Spiderman games?

Spiderman 2 uses RAGE?

Yeah, true, but we had to completely hault them because it was to early, we were fully ready, and had nothing to do, so im noting saying you can't start one, im saying don't start stuff like coding yet.

I tried googling for it but came up with hardly any hits. Just sale sights for PS3's that come with Spiderman 3. :unsure:

What's the point of that, especially when Spiderman 2 used the GTA engine. Wouldn't it just be easier to mod the Spiderman games that used the GTA engine?

er, no it doesnt. it uses Unreal Engine 2.0

really I remember when the games came out a lot of ppl were saying that it used the gta engine. Well I guess it was just a bad rumor. :doh:

Back to Topic: I wonder how awesome the wheel animations will look on the BTTF2 del. But that's probably not on blue's mind right now.