:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

Blue's GTA4 BTTF Mini Mod

I was looking through code for gta4, and noticed that I could make a really tiny bttf-ish mod for it, similar to the bttf sa mod. The current Alice program for it has all it needs to make an instant time travelling car (no delorean yet, lol). And I need to see what some functions are, like ptfx, because theres no code expicitly saying "particles".

So watch this space =P

Alpha 0.1.1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hcrcwr

Requirements: GTAIV and Alice

Funny pics KITT.. Maybe you can do it Blue. :P

O_o It must be fun.. lol I've gopt to upgrade my computer fast. lol :lol:

Cool. I was also anticipating a GTA4 mini-mod too when you came back in the forums. BTTF will definitely look bada** in GTA4.

How about the VC one? Are you still going to work on it? I really want to have time travel work with the missions in GTA:VC, which was what I was hoping to be able to do ever since I first saw this mod (which is during the "0.2c Era").

What was the point of your post, Johny? <_<

Edited by Futureman

Just to laugh at the post that contains the funny picture. lol :lol: Why did you ask?

What he said :P

Mike you quoted a picture. I thought it was against the rules xD :P.

He's the Master. The Creator. He can do wlovever he wants lol :lmfao:

Cool. I was also anticipating a GTA4 mini-mod too when you came back in the forums. BTTF will definitely look bada** in GTA4.

How about the VC one? Are you still going to work on it? I really want to have time travel work with the missions in GTA:VC, which was what I was hoping to be able to do ever since I first saw this mod (which is during the "0.2c Era").

I switch whenever I feel like it. 4 for graphics, VC for the delorean ^^

Random Mind Changer. lol :lol:

now that i had a chance to look at a few examples (since theres no documentation yet for the beta <.<), I'd say, if you want to start learning how to code, GTA4 is NOT for you. Stick with Sanny =P

Is it really hard? I mean one day it will become easier when you practise with it. lol

Not really, no, but here's an example.

To get player coordinates, for example, in sanny, the function is

Actor.Storepos($PLAYER_CHAR, $X, $Y, $Z)
No additional thing required, other then stuff like create_thread, wait 0, etc. But to do it with Lua, you kinda need to declare all the variables, declare functions, a very lengthy get player (though you can just copy), and this:
  PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR)

PushVarPtr()

PushVarPtr()

PushVarPtr()

CallNative("GET_CHAR_COORDINATES")

X = GetFloatParam(1)

Y = GetFloatParam(2)

Z = GetFloatParam(3)

Then you also need a main() and have it init the script, call the player, then go through. Theres no such thing as labels, so you have to make do with loops (which I prefer).

I'll stick too Sanny. :P

But to do it with Lua, you kinda need to declare all the variables, declare functions, a very lengthy get player (though you can just copy), and this:

PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR)

PushVarPtr()

PushVarPtr()

PushVarPtr()

CallNative("GET_CHAR_COORDINATES")

X = GetFloatParam(1)

Y = GetFloatParam(2)

Z = GetFloatParam(3)

Then you also need a main() and have it init the script, call the player, then go through. Theres no such thing as labels, so you have to make do with loops (which I prefer).

LUA? Cool, this is my thing.

Finally, code terms I want to hear from a GTA game. :lol:

Well maybe someone will make a mod with ice in it. Like the snow mod for SA. Then you can either ask permission to use it or create your own from what you learned about that one, but it's just wishful thinking. And the electricity sounds cool, I know just where you'd implement it too (clocktower mission and/or the 99 firetrails scene)

Edited by Honest Joe Statler