Last Time Departed
JOHN007

Petition: To Keep The Wanted Levels in 0.2f

Should The Next Release/update remove the Wanted Levels  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Please Pick

• Yes
    • No

Not me. I mean 0.2f maybe not containing more mission. Just the two mission we have now.

I think there should be a limit to how high the wanted levels go, mainly b/c this is supposed to be based on the movies and Marty never really got into any serious trouble with the cops. No FBI/Army at least, I mean, think about it guys. It just makes sense.

Removing it when we have more of a game Is understadable, its not needed, the only police is the sheriff in 1885 And he was on horseback without Blues & Twos :lol: But the only problem with 1885 is the emergency services still show up <_< I say remove the wanted level when we have at least 3 eras complete ;)

Edited by Orgcon

why would there be no wanted levels? That means you could kill a lot of people and cops and just walk away which, one, isn't very realistic, and two, I'm sure if Marty killed someone the cops would come after him, Just because he travels through time doesn't mean that he can't go to jail.

That brings me to another thing that had been talked about getting rid of, that is not being able to kill people and no more blood. You know, maybe I like taking the train and mowing a bunch of pedestrians down? That's like the best part of GTA. If you want to take out the main stuff GTA is known for, why don't you just mod a different engine? I know were eventually trying to make a BTTF mod that is hard to tell it was ever GTA and make it it's own game, but being able to kill people and get cops after you just adds to the entertainment level.

But why is my question. Why have weapons for player use? Just make it so that wanted level can't go beyond 2, that why you can still "mow down people" in your timetrain or whatever. But this is supposed to be Back To The Future, not Grand Theft Auto: Time Travelers. It just doesn't make sense for the official mod to let the player get wanted level 3 or above. If someone wants it, then they can learn to code it themselves like I am having to. And I'm learning to code just to help the mod move along. I figure the team needs some help and once I get this coding thing down pat, I'll be happy to do whatever I can to help.

what do you mean it doesn't make since? It makes perfect since. if you keep killing people your wanted level will go up. If you keep killing people in real life eventually I'm sure the military or FBI would come after you. lol

Seriously, this topic needs to be close. Cause big arguments gonna happen between "Yes" voter and "No" voter. <_<

I wouldn't do a single, small decision like this one, because they are working on the mod, so it's "their baby" and I thin they know what's best for it and they gonna do right decisions.

But if they really "erase" the wanted system, and if you really really want it back, I might take a look at it to bring it back for you. But for now, be happy with what we have, now!

First of all the regular GTA VC game sucks. The only reason I have it is because of the BTTF mod.

Whats wrong with the wanted level system we have now anyways? It allows us to see all the different cops from each time period.

i vote to keep it too, because we see marty never get into trouble by the police in the movie doesnt mean it cant happen.

lol Marty's not impervious to the law.

Well all I have to say is, if we get rid of wanted levels we should also get rid of the ability to kill people, like if you run somebody over they get up or if you shoot them they just lay down with no blood.

But there should be a patch to allow wanted levels and killing people.

i vote to keep it too, because we see marty never get into trouble by the police in the movie doesnt mean it cant happen.

Yeah, but would you allow yourself, a teenage boy with a girlfriend and a family you take care about, to be heavily chased by cops who wants you dead or alive? I wouldn't dislike the fact that Marty can be chased down by cops, but I wouldn't say the same for the fact that he's being beaten or shot down by them even if all he did is just a less serious crime, which is what the police system of VC does.

That's unless we can do something to minimize the police violence in the game, where you're given the chance to "freeze" and be cuffed to be brought to jail instead of being violently beaten down to do so, much like the police system in Postal 2 (lol I remember the Petition thing in this game where Postal Dude asks people to sign his petition to allow kids to play violent games like GTA). If this is possible, then I wouldn't say no for keeping the police system if it was to be disabled.

Yeah, but would you allow yourself, a teenage boy with a girlfriend and a family you take care about, to be heavily chased by cops who wants you dead or alive? I wouldn't dislike the fact that Marty can be chased down by cops, but I wouldn't say the same for the fact that he's being beaten or shot down by them even if all he did is just a less serious crime, which is what the police system of VC does.

That's unless we can do something to minimize the police violence in the game, where you're given the chance to "freeze" and be cuffed to be brought to jail instead of being violently beaten down to do so, much like the police system in Postal 2 (lol I remember the Petition thing in this game where Postal Dude asks people to sign his petition to allow kids to play violent games like GTA). If this is possible, then I wouldn't say no for keeping the police system if it was to be disabled.

That's why I like GTA 4, you can go to jail peacefully.

That's why I like GTA 4, you can go to jail peacefully.

Same here. I like the police system of both Postal 2 and GTA4. Even if you've committed homocide to many people already, it is still possible to "go to jail peacefully". In Postal 2, you have the chance to "drop your gun" and "stand still to be cuffed" to get "busted", instead of allowing yourself to be beaten to death for it.

But is it really possible to have the police system the same way?

*Hopes Blue, Platina or any of the experienced coders reply*