Last Time Departed
JOHN007

Petition: To Keep The Wanted Levels in 0.2f

Should The Next Release/update remove the Wanted Levels  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Please Pick

• Yes
    • No

I say wait to take them out until the final version, but then you guys will most like need the coding space so it's iffy to say. It just depends on what you plan to do with the extra coding space.

Police don't take any coding space at all besides the parked vehicles. Wanted levels and the vehicles linked to them are all hardcoded into the exe.

no....you can easily go around that through the main.scm. Just set max wanted level to 0. Not sure about cop cars though.

Can't they just be remodeled to other cars, like ones that were in the movie that wouldn't be in the game? If we have no wanted level, we could just change the cop models and character models. That way, they'd look like any other dude in the game.

yea but then wouldn't you see some random ped start running after another ped. Like you usually see the cops do.

So what, we just change the audo to: ''Hey give me back my keys!!!''.

I vote no, as long as keeping them doesn't impair the development of the mod.

Police chases really add to the replayability of the mod at this stage, without them the only thrills i'd get would be from libians chasing me on a hoverboard :P

H ahahahahah lol :lol: But you're right Tyrell. No police No fun.

Edited by JohnyMan :P

The reason why I voted no here because it won't really happen. In 0.2f, it is ensured that we'll keep the Wanted Levels in, but eventually it MIGHT be disabled in the future versions (the team may like keeping Tommy in the mod). Like I said previously, we'll need Marty, Doc, Biff, missions, a complete Hill Valley map, etc. before we start making such limitations.

yes it would be funny and interesting have him go up to biff and say "F-You" and slice his head off with a chainsaw

Now thats funny laides and gentlmen

I'd still prefer another playable character we can switch to other than Marty to do the police chasing stuff. The objective of the mod is in fact trying to stay true to the movies. I don't remember Marty shooting away people randomly and get heavily chased by police for it, or slicing heads off with a chainsaw in the movies. Marty was indeed able to hold a gun and even about to use it to shoot down a person in Part 3, but then he ended up dropping his gun and say "Let's just settle this like men" lol.

I know police are fun, and nothing can go wrong when we give a 17-year old character weapons in an adult game (well unlike my friend who got p***ed off by authorities when he tried releasing a Tomb Raider mod with a 16-year old Lara holding and using guns to shoot down people lol) but as a BTTF fan I really don't like the idea.

Also speaking of the chainsaw, those weapons won't be of some use too in the future versions. It means there won't be any slicing of heads off.

Yeah. We are creating a mod based on a movie. Marty never shoots people. lol <_<

Yeah. We are creating a mod based on a movie. Marty never shoots people. lol <_<

If he ever shot a person (Buford Tannen, in particular), this will just cause a controversy or the like concerning the acceptance of movies showing teens shooting down another person in the theaters. We'd also be feeling differently about the Back to the Future trilogy than we do right now if that ever happened.

yes you can. I can even make one. lol :lol:

I was thinking, would SA support the Wild Gunmen game. Since it does have mini games that are accessible through the Arcade systems.

a grand theft auto game where you cant commit grand theft auto is REALLY F***ING STUPID

I voted yes, but I think that it shouldn't be implemented until the mod is almost finished, or at least until we get more missions.

i thinks so and I am All for having the on/off options for cops and guns and all but there is one thing you not gonna do and that is make the mod canceled for VC and change it over to SA

The wanted levels must be keeped because the game will be more realistic.

And more interesting.

Only the wanted levels can be fixed (a little)....

I think that they should be sort of calmed down. eg 2 star maxium no fbi or army making more room for cars too!

I don't see whats so great about the wanted levels.

They just annoy you and cause you to die EVERY SINGLE FRICKEN TIME.

No mission=boring

No wanted level=boring

Map only=boring

So let the wanted levels in game. <_<