:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

Blue's GTAVC BTTF Mini Mod

Right now, i need to rethink how to do time travel, because i forgot their are multiple spark threads, where C++ can only handle one.

Multiple spark threads? I remember making the like in C++ when I was working on my Half-Life: Past Intensity mod (which is currently on hold). This was proven useful for me when attempting to create "past selves" of the player, which fortunately works in both the old GoldScr engine (which is older than the VC engine) and the Steam version. The "paradox" thing (trying to interfere with the past selves' recorded actions) was only the one worrying me that time, but at least it works lol. Well anyway I don't think it's possible with Spooky's, because Spooky's C++ is limited and the multiple threads thing is major stuff, and a bit complicated when compared to its SCM counterpart.

Well, it looks good Blue. Can't wait for the release. Anyway the missions are just my suggestion, but since this is C++ I may want to try it myself (perhaps the mission selector you've mentioned would be useful), but not now.

well, I'm going to have to look into some memory addresses for the global variables used in C and store it into a dword for reading, in order to tell the C++ to change the time when time travel .

I'm thinking as a future project to sync the gta clock with the desktop clock (except going faster, cuz i wanna keep the weather dynamic), so that if you exit the game and wait like a minute, then an hour would have passed in the game when you load it back up. I already have it set to read the config file and set the time when the game first starts. I might even convert the format to mjd to increase accuracy with time when loading the config, incase theres some people who like to play with the system clock.

sorry, been a busy few days at work, getting a ground station up and running to track a satellite while also compensating for doppler shift.

not much updates on the outside, but quite a bit on the inside. Time circuits are now using mjd as well as the traditional format to store dates. This also allows the time circuits (well, program) to calculate what day of the week it is, so I might add on to the time circuits, or add the date somewhere on the hud.

I remember making the like in C++ when I was working on my Half-Life: Past Intensity mod (which is currently on hold). This was proven useful for me when attempting to create "past selves" of the player, which fortunately works in both the old GoldScr engine (which is older than the VC engine) and the Steam version. The "paradox" thing (trying to interfere with the past selves' recorded actions) was only the one worrying me that time, but at least it works lol. Well anyway I don't think it's possible with Spooky's, because Spooky's C++ is limited and the multiple threads thing is major stuff, and a bit complicated when compared to its SCM counterpart.

hey are you still working on that mod?it sounds interesting...

hey are you still working on that mod?it sounds interesting...

If you're talking about Past Intensity, it's a Half-Life mod. I don't have a modding team yet, so it will take me a lot of time to gather myself some interested and experienced team members and eventually finish the mod, longer than this mod's development. If you're talking about the mission one, you'll have to wait until Blue releases the mini mod and I figure out how to use Spooky's on VC without screw-ups.

If you're talking about Past Intensity, it's a Half-Life mod. I don't have a modding team yet, so it will take me a lot of time to gather myself some interested and experienced team members and eventually finish the mod, longer than this mod's development. If you're talking about the mission one, you'll have to wait until Blue releases the mini mod and I figure out how to use Spooky's on VC without screw-ups.

i was talking about Past Intensity

doubt it I'll have to eventually move the time travel code over to C++, and the conversion isn't that easy. Numerous changes will have to be made to the code.

The TCM has to go through that process as well, but since it's like 100x more complicated, the conversion would be really tricky. You could memory hack it, i guess, but editing the main.scm tends to render it not doing what you want.

Yeah, angeloe is a great example (no offense). He messed with the code, prolly even a litle bit, and he made a LIST, that's right people A LIST, of 17 problems that he encountered. Having the Keypad Circuits would require many, many hours of work. But come on, (in favor if the entire mod team's time) how hard is it to enter the time circuits right now?

comparing it to SA's method (since mine doesn't travel through time yet), it takes a lot longer to set a destination time, and doesn't give the same punching-the-time-in feeling like the movies.

Yeah, I know. But at least the time circuits can be programmed and stuff. It just takes a little longer. But, the problem with SA, is that if you have cops chasing you and you time travel, they'll still be chasing you... So, I thought that SA's mini mod is just an effect played, like the explosion, and time changes and that's it. The date doesn't matter.

i think i'm going to rewrite again, lol. Wanna use typedef structs and unions.

lol you haven't used them before?

Yeah, angeloe is a great example (no offense). He messed with the code, prolly even a litle bit, and he made a LIST, that's right people A LIST, of 17 problems that he encountered. Having the Keypad Circuits would require many, many hours of work. But come on, (in favor if the entire mod team's time) how hard is it to enter the time circuits right now?

lol that's just 17 of the 32 problems I've encountered with the code alterations. The reason why I typed them in is because I find them interesting -- just imagine the DeLorean transforming to a box after hitting 88 mph, instead of the ripple effect feature I wanted to code in. :lol: I messed the code A LOT, not a little bit. I took me a total of 20-22 hours of coding and testing to figure things out in SCM coding, but it was worth it because I am interested in these kinds of stuff.

But you have a point there. It would be nice if one or some of us here would be not only willing to help us transfer the time travel code to C++ but also interested enough in it. The result can serve as 0.2f instead. As for keeping-impatient-b****rds-at-bay thing, releasing a major 0.2e update and announcing that longer time is required for the planned major alteration in code would be enough, where players still get to enjoy 0.2e long enough without problems like crashes and stuff, and probably some additional features like small missions for players to play with.

I didn't say i never used them before. I just said i wanted to use them for time circuits.

its a bit tricky converting to C++, because you kinda lose a lot of the C++ functionality using the VC hook.

I didn't say i never used them before. I just said i wanted to use them for time circuits.

its a bit tricky converting to C++, because you kinda lose a lot of the C++ functionality using the VC hook.

I was referring to using them for the time circuits.

Yeah, it's tricky, but speaking of which did Mike said about a coder taking your place in the team?

No, I don't think he said anything yet. But, the Major 0.2e update, are we still on that moving Hill Valley and teleporters and stuff for that unofficial update? I haven't seen you on that topic lately...

No, I don't think he said anything yet. But, the Major 0.2e update, are we still on that moving Hill Valley and teleporters and stuff for that unofficial update? I haven't seen you on that topic lately...

I was being sure of things. I do remember that he DID say about a coder taking his place in one of the topics in the forum, with BTTFMOD later on replying by telling the team about another experienced coder. BTTFMOD tried asking that coder if he is interested, but dunno how it turned out.

So where can I download this Blue? I didn't see a link in the first post.