Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

Blue's GTAVC BTTF Mini Mod

Not interested in any other mods.

Don't need an exe. It comes as a d3d8.dll file that you put into your vc directory and run.

It comes as a d3d8.dll file that you put into your vc directory and run.

Good, the easiest and best solution for end-use.

Can't you take a hint?

Sometimes you sound rude GS :D

But you're completely right.

@Fuzion:

Stop asking Blue any things and try to do it yourself. I could imagine that this is the reason why Blue sometimes decides to completely leave the forum...

You could e.g. use the handlich of "GTA Vice City: KITT Edition" and change it.

don't care as long as the mod is cool.. :)

pruned topic of some off topic posts. Please stay on topic. If it has nothing to do with what I'm doing, then don't post it here.

final lcd font....this was the only one that aligned the characters correctly (the other had the 1 not wide enough). Haven't programmed the time circuits, so thats why the time's off =P

it's called digital readout for those who wanna know.

timecircuits.jpg

slow actually, lol. I was having fun playing with fonts and stuff. Much more freedom putting text using C++ then gta ^^;

another file added....time.cfg, which contains all the dates on the time circuits saved, since C++ can't save it's info to vc's save file.

Blue, KITT Will Be in this mini-mod?

Don't you read the first page? KITT will not be in this Mini-mod. It's just time traveling car.

So with all these advancements... Does that mean we'll see a ton of advancement in mod stuff or something?

Well, this is the first I've heard of Direct X haxing, and I heard some talk about stuff like this

>>you could say so, but not really. Spooky's C++ hook allows me to access the direct X functions, as well as some other basic C++ functions, to add more flexibility to the game.

I can, for example, add textures to the game, like a time circuit display, and use window's font instead of vc font.

And me being a modding idiot thought it meant "OH AWESUM LOL WE'VE MADE A BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-REAKTHREW!"

lol, kinda. Most of those functions are used in a lot of other games, so it's nothing new.

I guess the major breakthrough would be the keypad everyone wanted since the early days. The others are rather minor. The time circuits and speedometer just look crispier. It's all the under the hood changes that are major. But it's nothing major to blue. She's written programs that emulate the time circuit before in languages similar to C++.

EDIT: Anyway, Blue tells me that she has the framework for all the keypad stuff laid in place, but needs sleep. And so do I, so night you people.

huh? Engine hacking?

And who said I would be less serious about it. All I ever wanted was a car that time travels and has working time circuits.

I guess "engine hacking" was the wrong term to use lol. "Engine hacking" refers to trying to alter some of the engine's code in the most possible ways. Your method is rather different than this. And when I said less serious, I meant being less serious than when you were working on the mainstream mod before. Like you said, all you ever wanted "was a car that time travels and has working time circuits". You're doing the mod though as if it ain't

yay, I know how to use Spookie's C++ hook now, though I have to move some stuff over to the C++ area (oh well, that means no one can edit it ^^)

as of now, I can use C++ to get keyboard commands that would make the numpad usable.

Can you also create an alternate HUD mod with an AM-PM system for the game in the same method? Also, speaking of which, can you use the same method to do the mission support thing, if you're willing to do so and if it is possible, that is? I'm still looking for a good walkthrough since I also need the same technique for my Half-Life mod lol, but perhaps C++ can do the trick.

that is how they made the SA hud for VC. Just disable VC's default hud, have the textures you want, and use C++ to draw it with the directx library. Alternative hud and missions isn't really on my list (I never use it anyway). You can even make an analog speedometer with C++.

Alternative hud [...] isn't really on my list

Good, I never liked the SA Hud for VC, because there was no way to disable it while staying ingame (e.g. for making pics).

Good, I never liked the SA Hud for VC, because there was no way to disable it while staying ingame (e.g. for making pics).

That's because the maker(s) of that HUD didn't put in a turn-on-and-off button lol. If Blue can put her own configs for the time circuits in Spooky's C++, why can't she for the turning-on-and-off of her own HUD if such HUD is made in the same program and language (if she's going to make one anyway)?

and missions isn't really on my list (I never use it anyway).

But will you want to do it, that is if you find a simpler solution for all of these stuff? I just found a decent walkthrough from a buggy website (which goes by the name "Gamespot") and I'm beginning to remember a bit. I'll be listing the stuff I remembered below, but don't be sure that I really remembered everything of it:

1. First is that you have to get rid of bonuses like hidden packages and stuff.
  2. Second is the skipping-missions idea, which I got rid of since it will complicate a lot of stuff. Instead, since Tommy was never in the past to finish all of those missions 4th dimensionally speaking, Tommy will end up in an open Vice City where no one recalls him and everything he tried working for failed (because of his disappearance some time ago). That means, the save game locations you currently have in the game (with the exception of the hotel) are unavailable (they can't be used nor bought). Same goes to other possessions. There won't be any missions, unless the player plans to return back. Also, I was thinking of making the cops harder to face with, because of the fact that Tommy is now known as an "outsider without a license". Vice City will remain the same way as it used to before, since Tommy wasn't in the past in the first place to change it all.
  3. Third is the restarting missions part. If giving each mission a specific date takes a lot of code, I thought of having it the same way as the second -- just open Vice City, only that the changes Tommy made in Vice City during missions such as the destruction of the building in that construction site near the bridge to Starfish Island will be reversed if he goes to a time when he hasn't taken those missions yet. Also, if he goes to a time when Hurricane Hermione was still about to pass through Vice City, the bridges will be closed as before, regardless of which island Tommy time traveled in. Well at least these ones doesn't require a lot of code. As for the save game locations, the hotel would be the only one available.

i forgot they had mission selectors as mods, lol. But I'm not interested in doing it for this mod.

As stated, the purpose of this mod is to provide a time traveling delorean without all the complicated features found in 0.2e. Nothing more then that. You're more then welcome to try (though with all the time circuit stuff moving to C++......it's going to be hard to do so)

Anyway, I got the keypad working in VC (cept no sound, cuz I didn't have internet access to look up the sound api stuff), so now, I need to move the time travel code over to C++ to compensate for the different memory addresses encountered if the code were added to different main.scm's.

The only thing left in main.scm would be all the non essential time travel stuff (hover circuits, lights, etc.)

here ya go ^^

th_TimeCircuits-1.jpg

For those who can't see right away, I inputted the following:

11121955 (Nov 12 1955)

2204 (10:04 PM)

102120151630 (Oct 21 2015 4:30 PM)

12 (Error)

Right now, i need to rethink how to do time travel, because i forgot their are multiple spark threads, where C++ can only handle one.

i'm thinking of creating spark objects as the answer to the problem. Never made objects in C++ (only Java), so this should be exciting ^^