Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

Blue's GTAVC BTTF Mini Mod

thats 0.2e, a mod for fans.

This mod was made for my enjoyment and I'm nice enough to release it.

I find Beta 6 fun or enjoyable with both the VC missions and time travel, that's why I'm suggesting it. :P

and it was mentioned it was buggy =P

Well it mentioned it was buggy, but I already made it to the 11th mission without a single bug or crash in sight when I first played Beta 6. Or maybe it's the minor code changes I made in the main.scm, like getting rid of that buggy spawn code and just have the DeLorean spawn at the front of the hotel and inside an opened garage in one of the houses in Starfish Island. :P

Making time travel work independently from the VC missions and most of all having that spawn code around make it crash a lot, I believe.

Well it mentioned it was buggy, but I already made it to the 11th mission without a single bug or crash in sight when I first played Beta 6. Or maybe it's the minor code changes I made in the main.scm, like getting rid of that buggy spawn code and just have the DeLorean spawn at the front of the hotel and inside an opened garage in one of the houses in Starfish Island. :P

Making time travel work independently from the VC missions and most of all having that spawn code around make it crash a lot, I believe.

Aside from the bad code, it's also the buggy spawn code as well. Remember how the spawn code made VC crash a lot in the previous versions?

thats something you can do. I'm just doing time travel.

I really want to do it myself, but I don't want to mess up with the time travel code anymore, after these happened when I did:

1. The DeLorean rocketed to the air at a whopping speed of 100+ mph and did a lot of insane stunts in mid-air.
  2. I time traveled with a motorcycle :blink:
  3. "Damaged weather" in 2032 -- the game changes from weather to weather every 3-5 seconds (or maybe it's just the Weather Service and their mechanical problems lol)
  4. I ended up in the weirdest version of the Nth Dimension (this happened after #2 lol).
  5. For the first time, I time traveled with an empty Mr. Fusion and deactivated time circuits, and ended up in the date ___ 00, 0000 00:00
  6. When I traveled to July 8, 1986, Tommy turned to Diaz upon re-entry (ripple effect? lol)
  7. I turned to a girl in bikini and skater shoes upon re-entry lol
  8. Young Biff with the DMC-13 appears out of nowhere
  9. The screen displayed WASTED when I time traveled (paradox?)
  10. The same 2015 cop that was tailgating me from the future before I time traveled was still chasing me around upon re-entry.
  11. Cops started to steal abandoned cars
  12. "Skateboard traffic" (everyone in the road was riding a skateboard) after traveling to 1984
  13. The DeLorean turned to the same VW bus the Libyans were riding upon re-entry, with Tommy and the Libyan "both sitting at the driver seat and driving the car"
  14. After doing the clocktower lightning strike reenactment, the DeLorean turned to the Time Train upon re-entry
  15. I got struck by lightning twice while flying on a clear sky at the morning, each strike followed by the weather suddenly changing from clear sky to heavy rain (what the f***?! lol)
  16. A flying Chevrolet crashed to me while flying with the DMC-13
  17. The DeLorean turned to a box after reaching 88 mph.

See how much I suck at this? :lol:

fun =P

I will say doing what you asked for requires a LOT of hacking the gta script. and the time travel script. A hundred some missions for you to go through and some of them are related to one another.

I will say doing what you asked for requires a LOT of hacking the gta script. and the time travel script. A hundred some missions for you to go through and some of them are related to one another.

I did come up with a simpler solution for this. It's much simpler compared to grim reaper's idea where you don't need to go through every mission to do so, but I sorta forgot after experiencing the weirdest bogus-es in coding/programming after hacking through 0.2e's main.scm (see above). :lol:

I'll mention it later once I remember it, if I can that is (if I remember it right, I put it in a text document). For now, I had to forgot that those stuff above ever happened, especially the DeLorean-turning-to-a-box thing and the getting-struck-by-lightning-twice-on-a-clear-sky thing lol. :lol:

I'm not talking about only the mission stuff, but the bonuses you get from the missions as well, as well as the order you did them. Like if you get your own gang and go back, you have to revert it to diaz's gang. Or put Haitians back into the Cuban place. Or remove bonuses from assetts such as money or cars. Etc.

I'm not talking about only the mission stuff, but the bonuses you get from the missions as well, as well as the order you did them. Like if you get your own gang and go back, you have to revert it to diaz's gang. Or put Haitians back into the Cuban place. Or remove bonuses from assetts such as money or cars. Etc.

My "(a bit) simpler solution" also solves those problems.

Perhaps a complete list of the missions as well as all of the assets, order, etc. would help me remember that solution, only if I can find a completely-detailed walkthrough / playthrough.

gave up on SA for now. It doesn't like new objects being spawned (well, it likes 3 out of 4 of them), and 2dfx effects are tricker to make the coil glows in SA (coupled with the fact that it's an object, so that makes 5) so back to VC:

sparks added (more like a copy and paste job, but i may optimize it)

this one will be fun for th enext planned thing. Programmable time circuits with the keypad ^^

This will take a bit to figure out (weeks to months) since this isn't going to be in the main.scm, and I've never made a program that hacks another program (I usually edit both, not just one, lol)

Ermmm...

The best way to find it out is to try it :D

And add an ? to make it clear that you ask a question... It's confusing.

EDIT: What the...? Why is there the unedited version of my post in the trash can?

Edited by Mini-Me

this one will be fun for th enext planned thing. Programmable time circuits with the keypad ^^

This will take a bit to figure out (weeks to months) since this isn't going to be in the main.scm, and I've never made a program that hacks another program (I usually edit both, not just one, lol)

Still finding a decent walkthrough... (playing the entire game all over again won't be a good idea either even though I still have the stock VC installed) :lol:

I was also at first thinking of the same thing -- do some engine hacking to make time travel work with the VC missions. It was the first thought in my mind 'cause engine hacking is in fact my first modding attempt lol and it is more effective than editing the original files alone. It never failed on me since I've first tried it out, but not sure if you're up to such stuff since you are being less serious on this. But since you've mentioned making a hacking program for a programmable time circuits, why not mention it?

huh? Engine hacking?

And who said I would be less serious about it. All I ever wanted was a car that time travels and has working time circuits.

yay, I know how to use Spookie's C++ hook now, though I have to move some stuff over to the C++ area (oh well, that means no one can edit it ^^)

as of now, I can use C++ to get keyboard commands that would make the numpad usable.

EDIT: Actually, I can move all of it over to C++, so you can insert it anywhere without starting a new game O.O

you could say so, but not really. Spooky's C++ hook allows me to access the direct X functions, as well as some other basic C++ functions, to add more flexibility to the game.

I can, for example, add textures to the game, like a time circuit display, and use window's font instead of vc font.

(oh well, that means no one can edit it ^^)

Now you've got your encryption :D

now to find lcd font ^^

EDIT: Here it is

*pic*

Looks good!

you could say so, but not really. Spooky's C++ hook allows me to access the direct X functions, as well as some other basic C++ functions, to add more flexibility to the game.

You're talking around it :D

So can you do it by using Spooky's C++ hook or d'you need an external *.exe/trainer?